No announcement yet.

Newest tallies to soon be added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, these are quite interesting and quite extraordinary the stories behind these vessels.
    Thanks for the comments.

Here are some new ones.
    Just Got the Warnaw and the metallic version of the Weichsel Here's a pic of the fleet. This doesn't show the Lech or the Acheron but I have those two as well.
    Regards,
    JustinG
    Attached Files

Comment

World class collection Justin. Well done.

John

Comment

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you.
        I appreciate the guidance you have given me as well as many other forum members here.

Best Regards,
        JustinG

Comment

The tender and support ship tallies are irreplaceable I think. Extremely rare. I just do not think a collector could find those even if he searched for the next 10 years.

Your destroyer collection is also amazing.

The two in post #48 are not easy to find and if you do, you are looking at 300-400 euros to get the OKM tally and just a bit less for the naval aviation tally.

John
          Last edited by John R.; 04-13-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
            World class collection Justin. Well done.

John
            I can only agree John! With the addition of these latest tallies Justin has arrived in some extremely rarified air. The word "rare" is thrown around very loosely these days. You know an item is extremely rare when you see a thread like this of one of the most amazing specialized collections I have ever seen on the forum, and there is so few posts of congratulations. Kind of sad because this collection is almost one of a kind. Well done Justin!
            best wishes,
            jeff
            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

I appreciate all the kind words. I have been extremely fortunate to have made some good contacts with these muetzenbands.

Actually, one of the things I hope for is to one day turn my collection over to a museum in Europe in exchange for a temporary work/visiting visa where I can volunteer my time to the museum and get to live in Europe for a bit. Kind of my Retirement dream...

Thanks for the great complements gentlemen; I do feel very lucky to be safekeeping and preserving the memory of these units.

Regards,
              JustinG

Comment

Unterseebootsflottille Emsmann comes home to port

Finally, I have achieved my dream.

The Emsmann has found it's home. My collection in Anchorage, Alaska.

I am also expecting the U-tender Erwin Wassner in the near future.

Regards,
                JustinG
                Attached Files

Comment

That is great Justin. I assume this is the one from Weitze. In any case, great addition.

John

Comment

Yes, I contacted their staff several months ago. I asked if they could keep me in mind for the Emsmann. I had purchased several items from them before. They contacted and gave me the first shot at this. A beautiful metalfaden full length version.
                    I am extremely happy.

Regards,
                    JustinG

Comment

Originally posted by JustinG View Post
                      Yes, I contacted their staff several months ago. I asked if they could keep me in mind for the Emsmann. I had purchased several items from them before. They contacted and gave me the first shot at this. A beautiful metalfaden full length version.
                      I am extremely happy.

Regards,
                      JustinG
                      I knew they had it on hold for you but I did not want to spoil the surprise. I am glad you went ahead and bought it.

John

Comment

Justin,

Here is your Galster tally in wear. Note the imprint on the bottom right. From my collection. Ship was commissioned 21 March 1939 so not a lot of time for this tally to have been in use for portrait photos.

John
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great photo. Agree, this is a rare one to be photographed.

On a different note:
                          Did the Anton Schmitt have a metalfaden version? These tallies are extremely rare and for the few Schmitt tallies I have seen, all of them have been cotton, I haven't even seen a cellon version come to think about it.
                          Have you any input?

Oh BTW,here's a shot of the Gneisenau tally in wear.
                          I posted that sale from ebay.de. In case you weren't the one to win that one.
                          Here's another to add to your archive.
                          Regards,
                          JustinG
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello gentlemen,
                            Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to KM, I recieved this photo in a small lot. While on the subject of tallies, I was wondering if someone could tell me what this one would read in full? Torpedoboots Halb....???
                            Thank you for any help or info on this one, and I def dont mean to hijack the thread.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 12thPanzer View Post
                              Hello gentlemen,
                              Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to KM, I recieved this photo in a small lot. While on the subject of tallies, I was wondering if someone could tell me what this one would read in full? Torpedoboots Halb....???
                              Thank you for any help or info on this one, and I def dont mean to hijack the thread.
                              This is not a KM tally. It is an Imperial tally from WWI.

John

Comment

oh wow, sorry about that. I didnt know at all, but I can see now that you mentioned it. No wonder why i cant find a match to a KM tally. haha Thank you for the ID John, much appreciated

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X