Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSFK Uniforms, Waffenrocks, and such ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top shelf as always . Thanks for sharing with us Mike.

Comment

Absolutely sunning new additions Mike

Comment

Amazing Mike

I love them all, but General Ruedel tunic is amazing

congratulations

Juan

Comment

a brilliant collection.

Comment

More shots ...

Working a little today on displays and now have the two General's uniforms side by side.

On the left, as I have previously described, is the tunic of Generalmajor (later Generaloberst) Guenther Ruedel. On the right, the Waffenrock of Generalleutnant Georg Carp.

The ribbon bar on Ruedel's uniform is a reproduction but it is a depiction of the ribbons he would have worn in late 1934 and early 1935. On the Carp uniform, I just have a temporary ribbon bar installed that has no meaning. I have a reproduction bar being made now with the appropriate ribbons. The chances of ever finding the right ribbon bar is so remote, I do the reproduction route instead, though not something I may have done in earlier years and before I got a bit more practical. The brocade belt on the Carp uniform is real but the buckle is artificially colored.

The search goes on for a mint (and larger size) General's brocade belt.

Loops on the uniform are for a WWI EK1 and 1939 EK1 Spange. I just have the EK on there for now.

Because Carp was retired in 1944, there is nothing on him in the NARA but research continues. I did have enough info for the ribbon bar, fortunately, thanks to friends (appreciate it, Neil and Shawn).

Sorry, colors are a bit off in the photos. Hard to adjust ....

Mike
            Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Amaizing collection. What an eye for quality items!
              http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Hi Mike,

As usual beautifully displayed and outstanding quality!

Regards,

Tony

Comment

Wow Mike, it would be safe to say you prefer mint vs. salty! I really love your Transport/Supply Rock! a not often seen branch, I think a nice Transport piped M36 combat tunic all kitted out would display great next to it.

Best Regards!

Kevin

Comment

Saving Hauptmann Carp ...

Well, I am back with more info ....

In a previous post, I mentioned that research was continuing on Generalleutnant Carp. This research was done for me by Mike Constandy, who is superb at what he does and highly recommended.

While he found little on the General, since he had retired, what he did discover was an extensive file on Major Karl-Franz Carp, one of the General's sons. In the file was the following document.

Basically, what we have here is a "Saving Hauptmann Carp" scenario -- so much like the movie. The General's older son, Karl-Otto Carp was killed during the Battle of France in June 1940 near Maizy. His younger son, Werner Carp, went missing at Stalingrad.

The document requests that Hauptmann Karl-Franz Carp, the last remaining son, be taken off the front lines and brought back to Artillery School II, at the request of its head. The document mentions the loss of the other two sons and the fact that Hauptmann Carp is not married. Apparently, there were some regulations on this as the document mentions them with necessary papers attached.

Hauptmann Carp was later promoted to Major in 1944 and his NARA file continues through January 1945. I have no idea if he survived the war. There were so many sad stories on all sides ....

This is what makes collecting so interesting and poignant for me. My thanks to Mike Constandy for his excellent work at NARA.

Mike
                    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Awesome

Outstanding! Beautiful collection indeed!

Comment

Mike,

any chance of seeing a pic or two of that white summer tunic? Matt

Comment

The Latest ....

Just added to the collection -- incredibly hard to find Panzer musician Waffenrock. Panzer Regiment 7 numbers on the boards -- and matching Gepruft stamp in the interior.

Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike H View Post
                            Just added to the collection -- incredibly hard to find Panzer musician Waffenrock. Panzer Regiment 7 numbers on the boards -- and matching Gepruft stamp in the interior.

Mike

Mike,

Congrats on adding this exceptional piece to your collection!

Mark

Comment

Awesome

Originally posted by Mike H View Post
                              Mike
                              Wow, that is stunning! Beautiful tunic!

Comment

Absolutely awesome collection wich screams quality.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X