This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats is true in some regards.
    But the overall 44 Dot suit is pretty well sewn together.
    The sloppy sewing I have seen is when cammo loops are added to the pullovers.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
      The sloppy sewing I have seen is when cammo loops are added to the pullovers.
      Speaking of pull overs (smocks) I find it interesting that on DOT 44 uniforms we easily accept all these variations in materials, Olona Italian with camo overprint, smooth cloth and the direct opposite of that, a course nettle weave fabric as shown in this amazing thread and lastly Dot 44 camo print on HBT .....(and combinations of such materials on the same garment even!)
      BUT
      on the other hand when it comes to pull-over smocks, any deviation other than early water proof Duck and later midwar HBT variants (due too shortages in quality materials) is frowned upon...(e.g. pink smocks topic).
      Just a comment. No need to address that (an observation), as this is a thread on a different camo clothing item....but just saying!
      Last edited by NickG; 11-15-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Dumb statement about a non wartime produced non German made garment that has no bearing in this rhread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just found this one in my NOS M44 DOT Jacket ... Hope it helps ...

Comment

So, I made the error earlier on noting a mantel by "325". After digging it up again it is clear I made a error and it is really 525.

More pictures: https://fjm44.com/articles/m40-great...n-ss-wool-525/

Best Regards,

Frederik
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the correction. I will make the adjustment to the master list
              and repost it.

Comment

Here's something you don't see everyday.
                A Germany Army officer wearing an SS Dot camo tunic.
                And he has an SS enlisted mens sleeve eagle in place of an Army eagle above the right breast pocket.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Cool photo. Thanks for ahowing.

Comment

393 production label and stamp variant

Here another 393 production label and stamp variant in a near mint dot jacket
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Mill View Post
                      Here another 393 production label and stamp variant in a near mint dot jacket
                      Don't hold back on the rest of the jacket.

https://www.weitze.com/militaria/27/...n__294627.html

Comment

With regads to the M42 SS tunic that Mike sold via his excellent Virtual Grenadier site: I used to own this very tunic and can guaramtee that the code nunber was in fact 349 not 849 as listed. This is also clear in the photo. I thus believe that it was produced in 1943. Also...the sleeve eagle and collar tabs were original to the tunic. Only the Sani piped shoulderboards and medical armband were added by myself. I hope this helps!

Originally posted by R.H.J View Post
                        New number found that can be added: 849

M42 WSS tunic that Mike has for sale.
                        http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=4650

Keep on building this list!

Regards,
                        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Wessels View Post
                          With regads to the M42 SS tunic that Mike sold via his excellent Virtual Grenadier site: I used to own this very tunic and can guaramtee that the code nunber was in fact 349 not 849 as listed. This is also clear in the photo. I thus believe that it was produced in 1943. Also...the sleeve eagle and collar tabs were original to the tunic. Only the Sani piped shoulderboards and medical armband were added by myself. I hope this helps!
                          Thanks, now corrected to maker number 349.

Comment

Checking my dot pants inside out found these reinforce strips taken even from the smallest left over scraps: reveals three types of fabric: the drillich HBT of the pants itself, the cotton duck in Oakleaf (or maybe blurred edge?)camo strip and coarse linen grade strip printed in dot with its 'red line' also present

Originally posted by 4th division View Post
                            Nice colorization!
                            Here's another variation, it even has a red line in the fabric (look on the second picture). I can recall someone here having the matching tunic to this material but I'm not sure who. But I'm sure Owen should have one

More pictures:

https://fjm44.com/articles/m44-trous...fen-ss-dot-44/

Best Regards,

Frederik
                            Attached Files

Comment

Appears to be oak b

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco V. View Post
                                Checking my dot pants inside out found these reinforce strips taken even from the smallest left over scraps: reveals three types of fabric: the drillich HBT of the pants itself, the cotton duck in Oakleaf (or maybe blurred edge?)camo strip and coarse linen grade strip printed in dot with its 'red line' also present
                                It's quite common to see SS HBT dot camo tunics and pants being made from several different runs of HBT dot material. In fact almost everyone I have examined is made this way. But this is the first time I have ever seen a scrap of "oak leaf" camouflage used. Very interesting!

Is there a makers code stamped in the waistline?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X