X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not any markings

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post

Is there a makers code stamped in the waistline?

Comment

This image is a screen capture I got from a video on Youtube. It's from a US Army Signal Corps film shot in late 1945. Seen here are newly captured members of a Volkssturm unit. What's interesting to see is the mix of Waffen-SS camouflage being worn by the teenage boys. The one in the center is wearing the HBT dot camo pattern tunic and the two on the right are wearing "blurred edge" camouflage pattern shelter quarters. Also look at all the poor quality field hats being worn. They are just so cheap looking compared to say an M43 hat made in 1943.
      Attached Files

Comment

They must have surrendered very quickly after being deployed, the clothing, especially the blurred edge zelts..look quite fresh.

Comment

Cammo is always fresh Scott.
          The used washed out pieces that surface are post war POW - farmer used.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
            Cammo is always fresh Scott.
            The used washed out pieces that surface are post war POW - farmer used.

Owen..do you see many dot jackets/pants that you believe are truly combat worn? I like the fresh depot found items as you know, cant beat the vibrant fresh colors and all the details.

Comment

Scott,
              The uniform is a working uniform much like DENIM.
              Its VERY hard wearing.
              Given the SHORT actual service life before war end and the vast stocks of unissued items found its a hard call.
              Heavy used items - washed out are pretty easily to find.
              Personally I feel post war used as stated above.
              I have only handled a couple that were lightly used in a way that felt combat used.
              But again its reaching out on a limb to state that.
              One of the most fascinating aspects of the dot print is the different fabrics used while maintaining the pattern consistency in colors and pattern format.
              owen

Comment

Hi,

below is a dot camo parka pants presented in the Steven & Mollo small book "Waffen-SS Uniforms in (reenactment) colour photographs" published in 1990.

We can see the "P" and "W" ("Prisoner of War") painted in white on the legs.

See You

Vince
                Attached Files

Comment

Great photos, I do have that book and remember those pictures and wondering if I'd ever be lucky enough to find a pair. I doubt I will EVER find/own the jacket.

Comment

3 early model SS overcoat makers:

Gebek & Co
                    Paul Groth & Co Uniformfabrik

Comment

how you name this cloth Material used for the M44 camo jacket, bast fibre?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Found this in the Museum where the Brown house used to be in Munich.

Some one has found them selfs a nice camo jacket.
                        Attached Files

Comment

And this shows perfectly how you find uniforms today with excessive wear that are not combat used.

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                            And this shows perfectly how you find uniforms today with excessive wear that are not combat used.
                            Yeah i took a pic when i seen this quite interesting photo.
                            His tunic dose look very worn for 1946 one year post war.
                            I have some dot camo that you can tell has had a little use but not washed out
                            That dose make me now think washed out as post war use. But whos to say they was not worn in the war and reused by civilians post war.

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
                              Yeah i took a pic when i seen this quite interesting photo.
                              His tunic dose look very worn for 1946 one year post war.
                              I have some dot camo that you can tell has had a little use but not washed out
                              That dose make me now think washed out as post war use. But whos to say they was not worn in the war and reused by civilians post war.
                              Most of the 'wartime worn' items seen postwar use, hence the todays look of them.

Comment

Then, dot tunics that pops up in the USA collectors community, from the hand of vets, are fresher in colors with no post war use, no other than occasional duck hunting journeys or some garage tasks as much.
                                What I see in Europe shops are most are worn out, repaired and patched up but one could bear in mind that a GI taking a Dot as souvenir, surely have the chance to pick up the one in better condition from the heap...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X