MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who saw the named field grey tunic for a LAH officer at the max show ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen Leroy, I didn't even bother to look for those things yet...good eye. Also his paper work has him assigned as an "Pionier" or engineer "Ausbildungs and Ersatz" unit and the boards are white piped...could just be he moved around or preferred infantry boards ...hmmm
    Last edited by John Pic; 10-13-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

There is a great restored Sturmbannfuhrer tunic on the stand someone could buy and put LAH boards on too to sell for thousands...where does it end.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
        ... Also his paper work has him assigned as an "Pionier" or engineer "Ausbildungs and Ersatz" unit
        .. that was, later, in 1945

in 1940 -41, as Untersturmführer, Mendrzyk was Ordonnanzoffizier im Ia - LSSAH

Here is a link to translation of the other assignments 1939 and 1944 - 45:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?p=5859537

Last edited by naxos; 10-13-2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Yes but if he kept the tunic would he not put the correct insignias on it ? Or just buy a new one and stick it in the closet?

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
            Yes but if he kept the tunic would he not put the correct insignias on it ? Or just buy a new one and stick it in the closet?
            Of course, good point!

My comment was not in defence of the tunic. I was trying to make a suttle point (not so suttle anymore). My point is: Often one sees a tunic restored to the time of the tag date in the garment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
              I briefly saw this LAH tunic ,it was laying in a glass display case , the cypher in question could not be seen , only the missing one on the shoulderboard , I do not know the owner of this piece, so I cannot comment, I was not physically able to examine & handle this item hence no pictures from me nor comments on who owns it or is selling it , a number of collectors have PM me on this item , sorry cannot tell you anymore. My statement was a casual observation on items I saw at the Show , I thought at the time it was worth looking at (it seemed to have potential) but I was leaving , I stayed only 3 hours on Thursday so ....... sorry I cannot add anything more
              I don't know anything about the tunic, but the cypher is real. I compared it to mine (posted) and it is identical. The holes are not round BTW.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                I don't know anything about the tunic, but the cypher is real. I compared it to mine (posted) and it is identical. The holes are not round BTW.
                Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post..

.... but these are not identical.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                  Colonel Saunders say's it's the best one yet
                  Well I would have to agree that it don't get much better than Sepp's diamonds . . .

Comment

The stamped one on the left is real the other I'm afraid is nothing like it and made of a different metal and that is very clear...the details are no where near the same the edge's and other small details tell the story. Here I go with the circles and arrows thing.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by John Pic; 10-13-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Oh and this hole not on yours TGN so not identical at all.
                      Attached Files

Comment

please don't joke, who defend this cypher or doesn't seen this kind of fake or has interest in it.

Tgn: your cypher has chance to be real, can i have a picture on side and of pins if you can?
                        anyway i suggest you, to take courage with 4 hands and try to move it to look the rear. It's really close to mine i discovered fake only when i removed cause there were 2 things seen in american fakes.
                        Here i don't see same problems but to see the picture must be not so frontal and there are 2 point that suggest to me to see the back.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to chip in here, but I have been following this, if you zoom in on this picture and look at the 2 highlighted areas, it can clearly be seen the semi-circular shape, to me that is evidence of a drill hole
                          If anyone denies seeing that then they must be deluded I am sorry
                          Attached Files

Comment

They sure look like the drilled-out fake ones to me ...

Especially clear on the left and right side ones.
                            I agree !!

Comment

someone seen another cypher. anyway without a magnification (x8) it's really hard to judge these cyphers, of course the pic in this topic is unque
                              stionable.

Comment

Colonel Saunders say's it's the best one yet
                                that's really funny Ian. But the real Colonel Sanders lives in Louisville as everyone knows and only goes to the SOS...

There's even a statue of him outside the KFC at Louisville Airport!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X