Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who saw the named field grey tunic for a LAH officer at the max show ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you can show to me other cupal 3reich insigna with these kind of errors... i will be glad.

yes, LAH cyphers were produced till the end of war but i don't believe any stamp could arrive at this level of damaging.

Comment

Cupal

Here is a CUPAL M1/52 TK. It clearly shows the shear line of the aluminum base metal.
      Attached Files

Comment

Damage

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
        if you can show to me other cupal 3reich insigna with these kind of errors... i will be glad.

yes, LAH cyphers were produced till the end of war but i don't believe any stamp could arrive at this level of damaging.
        Here is an example of what can happen to aluminum base metal. Aluminum is soft and tends to flatten easier. As we know, aluminum is the base metal of Cupal insignia.
        Attached Files

Comment

i'm speaking about: the mistakes and flaws and the line beetween bottom and upper border.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
            Cupal is Cupal. Cast brass is not. Wear is wear.
            Your argument is getting weaker.

Comment

Here is an example of what can happen to aluminum base metal. Aluminum is soft and tends to flatten easier. As we know, aluminum is the base metal of Cupal insignia.
              but you know with alluminium we have one of the best result in definitions of particulars, for sure flaws are very rare.
              Why in cyphers are so many flaws?

Why in cupal insigna (one of the best solution with tombak) we found always great details and here there's the festival of flaws?
              Pass the flatter for % of alluminium ( i don't pass ) bur mistakes?

Comment

My argument?

Originally posted by naxos View Post
                Your argument is getting weaker.
                Naxos,
                My argument is not getting weaker, its just reached its limit. If there are other fake Cupal LAH cyphers out there, please show them to me. And if there are, IMO all LAH cyphers are basically worthless.

Comment

I would expect nothing less than fanatical resistance in the face of inevitable defeat on this forum but I see cast and drilled as well.

Comment

I agree with viva_giulio....the imperfections on the cypher are flaws not "wear" as you demonstrated with the belt buckle. If they were "wear" the gilt finish would be gone from those areas.

I personally do not like the risk involved with it but as I said in another post there have been examples with the round holes that have been around a long time....are they fake I do not know but they sure do not pass the test as far as quality workmanship demonstrated buy other TR items out there.

that combined with the other questionable aspects of the tunic should cast enough buyer beware and be alert for a possible fraudulent item.

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by johnpahl View Post
                      I would expect nothing less than fanatical resistance in the face of inevitable defeat on this forum but I see cast and drilled as well.
                      Can you see the ghosted breast eagle as well? Let us know.

Comment

There is one for certain way to tell if the tunic is monkeyed with and it would have to be done by a non-partisan member with no acquaintance with this dealer. Would the dealer allow that I would be willing to wager not, because the odds are already stacked that it has a great chance of failing that test.

Comment

Naxos,
                          My argument is not getting weaker, its just reached its limit. If there are other fake Cupal LAH cyphers out there, please show them to me. And if there are, IMO all LAH cyphers are basically worthless.
                          I say weaker, because you now base your entire argument on the assumption that the cipher in question is made of period Cupal.

Still, an untenable positon

Comment

Food for thought.

Here's a little food-for-thought for everyone. Before the jewelers saw can be inserted to cut out the details a "round hole is drilled". Then the saw inserted and the cutting begins.

Comment

Food for thought? Well some like a Good Porterhouse and others Chicken McNuggets....that's what you're trying to feed us Chicken McNuggets...junk food.

Comment

There was no drill hole
                                as Marcus pointed out.
                                You started off claiming that there was no drill hole, now it seems like you are suggesting that all originals were drilled? You state that this cypher must be original because of the material, despite the fact that we have seen fake TKs in CupAl... Is that the only thing that makes this cypher real to you?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X