MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who saw the named field grey tunic for a LAH officer at the max show ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still waiting for the person that bought the open tunic for the Gestapo/SD Officer to post pics. He told me he bought it. I won't say who it is, as he told me in a PM and I don't want to say who it is if he doesn't want to show it.
    Tim
    Last edited by TP Alexander; 10-12-2013, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Posting tunic pics

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
      I'm still waiting for the person that bought the open tunic for the Gestapo/Sd office r to post pics. He told me he bought it. I won't say who it is, as he told me in a PM and I don't want to say who it is if he doesn't want to show it.
      Tim
      Tim,
      He may be wise not to post those pics.

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
        I'm still waiting for the person that bought the open tunic for the Gestapo/SD Officer to post pics. He told me he bought it. I won't say who it is, as he told me in a PM and I don't want to say who it is if he doesn't want to show it.
        Tim
        I took a picture of that tunic before it was purchased. I posted it on the police forum. IMHO it was the best tunic at the show.
        Doug

Comment

Originally posted by DougO View Post
          I took a picture of that tunic before it was purchased. I posted it on the police forum. IMHO it was the best tunic at the show.
          Doug
          Thank you!!! I'll take a look right now!
          Tim

Comment

cyphers on this tunic are unquestionable fakes.

Comment

cyphers

Explanations please !!

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
              cyphers on this tunic are unquestionable fakes.

Comment

I had a fake from usa, you can easily find and it is 10 time more defined, precise than this very poor drilled fake.
                there are a lot of inaccuracies and details that bring me back to the same hand.
                Search LAH cyphers and see pictures... you can easily catalogue 2 kind of fakes, the usual kw, and the american. The american fakes are really, really, really good on front.

I'm wondering about some experts who can even remotely defend such an obvious fake.
                Who will buy the jacket and the madness will have to remove the cyphers will see in half a second that are garbage.

I will not made other considerations on these fakes, cause i'm sure there is a man very interested to refine its artifacts.

Comment

lah

I briefly saw this LAH tunic ,it was laying in a glass display case , the cypher in question could not be seen , only the missing one on the shoulderboard , I do not know the owner of this piece, so I cannot comment, I was not physically able to examine & handle this item hence no pictures from me nor comments on who owns it or is selling it , a number of collectors have PM me on this item , sorry cannot tell you anymore. My statement was a casual observation on items I saw at the Show , I thought at the time it was worth looking at (it seemed to have potential) but I was leaving , I stayed only 3 hours on Thursday so ....... sorry I cannot add anything more

Comment

Worn out insignia and bogus cyphers .... I bet he sweat buckets on inspection day

He must have been pushing that pen VERY hard to wear out a cufftitle like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                      Worn out insignia and bogus cyphers .... I bet he sweat buckets on inspection day

He must have been pushing that pen VERY hard to wear out a cufftitle like that.

Clearly! I see nothing has changed at the MAX.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
                        Clearly! I see nothing has changed at the MAX.
                        Colonel Saunders say's it's the best one yet

Comment

IMHO, a discerning look at the pictures already available might point one in a general direction.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Well, I find it difficult at best to say for certain...perhaps we have been wrong about the types of cyphers we call fake with the round hole instead of a clear cut square. These Cyphers were first noticed when Kai Winkler was selling loose examples however they have appeared on other tunics that were around before that and just never publicly shown until recently and also as loose examples from old collections...maybe our consensus is wrong??? Late war made??

The Eagle is original and appears to have not been on anything else prior the amount of remaining black wool tells me this but the tunic on the other hand shows possible damage from a removed example...puzzling because the damage may be from something else...remote possibility.

The collar tabs appear to be original to the tunic and matching the collar wear.

The boards are difficult to say if they are original to the tunic hands on is needed there...but the cypher does not appear to be original to the board.

The Cufftitle wow it seems to have seen more action than anything but in some ways this makes sense if worn regularly on an arm that is always moving about..the wear does not seen to match the wool fabric but this can happen if one material wears different than another...however the staining bothers me....

Interesting tunic and worth a hands on inspection.

Comment

Just noticed the name tag. Possibly added at a later date, a few holes missed, hands on with a good loop will tell for certain.

Comment

Not my field, and perhaps this is just plain ignorant, but this tunic has Heer boards, a Heer rank in the name tag and what appear to be the ghost edges of a Heer eagle above the pocket.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X