Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the behavior of some of us is getting way out of control. It reminds me how some records of the Beatles were burned in the States after John Lennon made a remark about the Beatles being more important to youngster than Jesus Christ. This reaction will backfire on us. I hope we can approach it more professional from here.
    What AH did was very wrong, but we should still give him a chance to defend himself. Furthermore we should investigate the damage he might have caused.
    Please stay calm and behave in a descent manner. Burning books was something only the Nazi's liked to do... let's not repeat that history here.

Comment

I like to add that his knowlegde is not in dispute here. We all know to well he was one we all looked up to and with good reason. That's why it is so shocking what he did.
      Only his behavior is being strongly rejected by most of us.

Comment

Quickly out of control, thanks to take Gary's info and to keep for you your emotional feelings
        Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Ah

The problem is not with the knowledge, but now involves the matter of trust. How would one know what can be believed and what is nonsense from this individual?
          E
          Festina lente!

Comment

But if you really think about it his behavior was intertwined with his knowledge. It was his lack thereof that made him stoop to this level, think about it. Your lies and deceit are the foundation of your opinions....what's that????

Comment

I think everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance. Robin is probably embarassed enough as it is and that is adequate "punishment". The guy has a good deal of knowledge and enjoys collecting. Give him a break and second chance.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fred]...John Lennon made a remark about the Beatles being more important to youngster than Jesus Christ... QUOTE]

Actually, I think it was more like, "We're more popular than Jesus Christ!"
                And while he said it with a sincere amount of personal incredulity, at
                that point in time it may well have been true.

I also agree with Frank here. I think knee-jerk reactions like burning
                books will only do harm in the long run. I have five of the books from
                this author and I still enjoy them. Yes, they have mistakes and other information I don't necessarily agree with (along with a liberal smattering
                of anti-Dachau tab bias ) but I believe I have the ability to sort that
                stuff out and work around it.

No, I was thinking more around the lines (after a full explanation and remorseful apology, of course) of a cooling-off period followed by a very
                repentant and humble repatriation. Like when your wife wrecks the car!

I do enjoy reading all of the different reactions, though. And everyone
                here is certainly entitled to voice there own level of betrayal. He has
                no one to blame but himself.

Comment

Unfortunately since he was "found out" we will never know if was actually going to come clean or not. It's only natural to have people to want to burn him at the stake and on the other end of the spectrum let it go as a prank that he would have turned himself in on. I think he eventually would have come clean and deserves another chance.

Comment

[QUOTE=Brian Bonini]
                    Originally posted by Fred
                    ...John Lennon made a remark about the Beatles being more important to youngster than Jesus Christ... QUOTE]

Actually, I think it was more like, "We're more popular than Jesus Christ!"
                    And while he said it with a sincere amount of personal incredulity, at
                    that point in time it may well have been true.

I also agree with Frank here. I think knee-jerk reactions like burning
                    books will only do harm in the long run. I have five of the books from
                    this author and I still enjoy them. Yes, they have mistakes and other information I don't necessarily agree with (along with a liberal smattering
                    of anti-Dachau tab bias ) but I believe I have the ability to sort that
                    stuff out and work around it.

No, I was thinking more around the lines (after a full explanation and remorseful apology, of course) of a cooling-off period followed by a very
                    repentant and humble repatriation. Like when your wife wrecks the car!

I do enjoy reading all of the different reactions, though. And everyone
                    here is certainly entitled to voice there own level of betrayal. He has
                    no one to blame but himself.
                    Well said Brian

Regards,
                    Tony

Comment

Hello all,

The point that concern's me is that the action that started this was a direct and specious attack on a fellow-members e-stand posting. There was a financial aspect involved - and one of our guys would have been out of pocket a not inconsiderable chunk of change (astonishing when you consider AH's profession).

I have many of AH's books - and will keep them. However he has lost all credibility.

Mike

Comment

Hi All!

I have been following this post from the get go with great interest. Not because I collect SS items but for the human interest story it has created. I have followed this forum for about a year and find this forum especially unique since it is a worldwide forum.

There is no question that what Robin did was an egregious act of sabotage, but who placed him on a pedestal in the first place?

The simple fact is that Robin is human, and as humans we all make mistakes. Whether they affect others is when we all take notice. I am sure there is not one of us out there that hasn't at any point in our lives done something that we were ashamed of. Dependent upon your particular religious belief, weather agnostic, Jewish, or Muslim, it all has a way of coming back around. I find that strikingly eerie.

Bottom line is I forgive him as a human, but would never again take stock in his opinion regardless if it was 100% spot on.

Comment

IP adress, oh man Robin what are you doing ? We have one Robin on the forum that I relay like and then we have his "Mr.Hyde" here too. And then I think about this friendly typical police care picture from him what shows up in his books. But Robin one tip, everybody is able to hide secure his IP adress. But why to do all this ? To bored ? Then go out anywhere and enjoy the double malt real scottish and get the thrill

Comment

I hope we hear from Robin soon; his silence is bothering me more than his AH (those initials remind me of someone) posts.
                            JL

Comment

I hope we don't lose someone of our community because of this... As Robin Hassler aready mentioned: "We have one Robin on the forum that I relay like and then we have his "Mr.Hyde" here too."

I think that says enough,
                              Junior.

Comment

Ah

Been following this thread all the way through and to me the man made a mistake and for those who never have, you can cast the first stone (to loosely paraphrase someone greater than us all...). As for me, I KNOW I have made mistakes in my life, perhaps not like this one, but mistakes never the less. I just hope we can move on from here as a community, personally I am.

Also thanks to Gary for keeping the integrity of this portion of the Forum in check.

My 2 cents worth...

Marty
                                I love the beach.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X