X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why so cryptic?

Why be so cryptic?

Just come out and say his name! ROBIN LUMSDEN. (according to the code)

I don't usually follow the German forums here but what the hell is the big deal with throwing his name out there?

I know Gary was waiting on him to own up but I don't see that happening any time soon!

It's like High School all over again. Or office politics. Kinda the same thing actually.

Comment

Ok, finally you guys know it... What are e going to do now?

Junior.

Comment

But how did you get the name from that code !!

Originally posted by John M. Donovan
        What David Irving is to the historical community, our good friend tpnom ;i,dfrm, is to the collecting community. I wonder how David is doing these days? John
        Sorry I must be as dumb as dogsh1t - I got the "police", I got the "bird" but how the @#$% do you get that name from that code

BTW I am a bit saddened by this & I hope this isnt the end of his association on this site
        Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
        High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

Craig,

I was thinking the same thing. I was trying to figure it out too - albeit after a reasonable intake of Fosters amber fluid. Maybe that didn't help.......

Alan

Comment

With my English I absolutely forgot that "Robin" is a bird, too But the rest of the code, can someone please explain it, how you get his name out of that code?
            The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

To get his name out of tpnom ;i,dfrm you have to look at your keyboard at the key that is to the left of each key in tpnom ;i,dfrm. T is next to R, P is next to O, etc.

Comment

I agree with Gary;

AH as an important member in this community has misused his position. He the man we all looked up to tried to fool us all with his schizophrenic behavior. He knew it and he fooled us..... until Gary's fine police work brought and end to it all.
                Specially a member like AH had a some responsibility, people trusted him, and he violated that trust. This behavior would not have been tolerated by any member, but what is so shocking is that this Guru did it. How many people sold their good items thinking it were fakes after all, because AH told them so? What is wrong and what is right now, I wonder? How much misinformation has he spread around? I think this has to be cleared to reduce the damage he has caused.
                I think there is no excuse to his behavior. This was not a joke, it was a deliberate action. Looking at his message again in the Dachau tab thread you even notice that he deliberate misspelled some words to hide his identity.

Comment

Next time you make a code, try to stay fare and have it be workable for people with an azerty keyboard.
                  Seriously, when I figured it out, I was shocked... I hoped I was wrong, but the absence of replies from him, only confirm that what is said in this thread is true.

I actually trusted this guy... Very sad... I hope he will come out and explain his actions.
                  Last edited by Jean-Loup; 08-29-2004, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I'd never had guessed that code even if my life depend on it!!! I was looking for hidden text in those leters, for the way they are pronounced, for extra letters inserted... for... for anything but not this!!

Now that the name is known, I hope Robin will say what was the idea about all this...
                    The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

I thought we had agreed not to mention anyone's name until Gary decided to!

Comment

I will miss him anyway.

Comment

I think some of you are going too far. Intersting to see how many people are happy to join a true witchhunt (burning books with a nick like "Reichsheini", extremely cool!), in my eyes not any better than what AH did.

The "real" AH has great knowledge and his posts in my area were always spot on. That is something you cannot take away from him. He did something very wrong, but to try to deny his knowledge and experience now is simply ridiculous!
                          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Should this ruin someone's collecting career? I guess the only thing that the person wanted to do is show us how vulnerable the militaria market is, and he did it quite well.

Just the very modest opinion of a newbie.......

Comment

"The "real" AH has great knowledge and his posts in my area were always spot on. That is something you cannot take away from him. He did something very wrong, but to try to deny his knowledge and experience now is simply ridiculous!"

Well said Frank!

Comment

I agree with Frank here. I still don’t know for sure who the real AH is. Do you? If it is who we all think it is then I would like to hear his reply to this all. Al Haag did something very wrong and there can’t be any excuse for this but to start burning books reminds me of something which happened a very long time ago and I don’t want to be associated with that.

KR
                                Pascal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X