Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Guys. I do think you are being very hard on this guy. I think I know who he is now. Maybe this Al haag thing went a bit too far. But so what.

Gary. How are you expecting him to show his face now you have comments on this thread like "He is nut" and "I hope this destroys his collecting career" ?

Let's be reasonable about this. Personally, I think what has been shown is a quite a valuable experience. For example. One new member from anywhere comes along and says they all fake. People start to get worried and seriously having doubts about their items. Maybe it was a test?

Just remember. You can take advice from anybody, but you don't have to believe it .

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mumby
      Come on Guys. I do think you are being very hard on this guy. I think I know who he is now. Maybe this Al haag thing went a bit too far. But so what.

Gary. How are you expecting him to show his face now you have comments on this thread like "He is nut" and "I hope this destroys his collecting career" ?

Let's be reasonable about this. Personally, I think what has been shown is a quite a valuable experience. For example. One new member from anywhere comes along and says they all fake. People start to get worried and seriously having doubts about their items. Maybe it was a test?

Just remember. You can take advice from anybody, but you don't have to believe it .
      Sorry Tom,

but I think you are just a bit too soft on this. It was thanks to Gary this thing was ended. "Al Haag" didn't put an end to this. No one knows how far Al Haag would have gone. He did try to fool a lot of people... But why??? Not to have a laugh... that's for sure...
      I don't think he did it as a test too. Maybe that will be the explanation now... And oh... Yeah, I'm sure he's sorry now... Sorry for what? For what he did or sorry he got caught...
      I also don't think we can say that a "new member" on any forum knows 'zipski' about German militaria, just because he's a new member... (In most cases it will be like this indeed,... But who says a 'new member' isn't collecting for more than 30 years, but he never used the internet before....
      Just my thoughts...

kind regards,
      Gerd V

Comment

Originally posted by willysproject
        Sorry Tom,

but I think you are just a bit too soft on this. It was thanks to Gary this thing was ended. "Al Haag" didn't put an end to this. No one knows how far Al Haag would have gone. He did try to fool a lot of people... But why??? Not to have a laugh... that's for sure...
        I don't think he did it as a test too. Maybe that will be the explanation now... And oh... Yeah, I'm sure he's sorry now... Sorry for what? For what he did or sorry he got caught...
        I also don't think we can say that a "new member" on any forum knows 'zipski' about German militaria, just because he's a new member... (In most cases it will be like this indeed,... But who says a 'new member' isn't collecting for more than 30 years, but he never used the internet before....
        Just my thoughts...

kind regards,
        Gerd V
        Hello Gerd

I think at the moment it is an execution without a trial. There are two sides to every story. All we've had at the moment is rash, immature comments from the accusers. Am I not right?
        BTW. I am not saying that New Members are all stupid. We were all New members when we started. But you have to find out about any new member to find out what they are like before you start believing what they claim.
        Soft is a very annoying word to describe what I am doing. Showing a bit of mercy and righteous would be a better term.

Best.

Comment

C'mon guys, who is Al Haag, if you don't want to say it in this thread, will someone PM me please? Maybe it is someone I know, maybe he's gonna fool me in someday... So please, who is he?

Regards,
          Junior.

Comment

BTW. I think it was wrong of what he did.

Comment

No matter who "Al Haag" was/is, then this individual may well have caused losses to some of the sellers on the e-stand where "Al Haag" intentionally gave wrongful and misguiding opinions concerning the items the sellers had on the e-stand. This is NOT in any way funny, this is quite serious and should be dealt with accordingly.

"Al Haag" has sofar not had the courage to step forward, so I believe the time has come to name this individual.
              Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Ha! Just worked the code out,I must be dim.... it took ages!

Dave

Comment

Just to clarify what the problem is in black and white as I see it;

The user name AH was set up and used in a deceitful and detrimental way, it was not a test or anything like that, it was not set up for any monetary gain by the user it was used to add credit to a theory that the dachau tabs are fake, without going into too much detail the dachau issue had been brought up before on this very forum no evidence was brought forward to support the allegations that the dachau tabs were fake.

The second issue was that AH commented on a forum members item that was for sale in the e-stand with malice, it is not uncommon for items on the e-stand to be discussed that is not the problem, the problem is was done as a furtherance of issue one.

The hobby is more paranoid today than at any other time in its history, people are nervous of so called super fakes.So while it might have seemed like AH actions were trivial in some eyes in the majority of eyes it is not, because we will not know how many people viewed these post's and passed the information on, or how many collectors this information put off collecting,
                  or how many people sold or will sell there dachau patches because of the postings and controversy here. It was a major diservice to collectors and an insult to all here.

I was somewhat angry and saddened when I found out for sure who this was and wished to be honest he had not done this.

I also hoped he would have come here and owned up, instead he used his AH user id and tried to make it sound like it was some kind of joke, if he had come here with his real name and said well I was stupid and messed up it would have been far more acceptable to us all as we all make mistakes, we would have all moved on from that, but instead we got the joke post, that added insult to injury.

We come here to interact with other fellow collector with the same passions, to ask for help and to give help to one and all, yes we will not always agree that is what makes debates but you certainly do not come here to be scam'd that is why you see some anger here!
                  respectfully
                  Gary wood
                  Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-28-2004, 04:02 PM.

Comment

....Sh*t, Sh*t, ...and yust when I was helping to soften the grief of so many collectors by buying ALL their "fake" DACHAU collar patches...for a good price of course ...if it lasted only a couple more days .

...Gary, good work and thank you...( ...already knew ..who's behind ).

A very importand lesson to everyone:

If it started as a joke or not is not important, more important is that GOOD original wartime pieces can so easily be broken for ever by the use of a public forum. This has, or is happening with other ORIGINAL items.
                    The advanced and long time collectors know how to deal with these fairytails but we cannot blame a beginning collector if he follows the rumor...

Pieter.

PS ...It wasn't me.....!!!...I woudn't dare...
                    SUUM CUIQUE ...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B
                      Ha! Just worked the code out,I must be dim.... it took ages!

Dave
                      Okay I am dim. I cannot work out the "code". Will someone help me out?

Okay got it. I finally figured it out.

Comment

I think it's very sad if it really is the person whose name is mentioned in that code (post #42).
                        Very sad indeed. I wonder what he was thinking .

It is almost as if another great collector would have passed away.

I sincerely hope that he comes forward and gives us an explanation.

-L-

Comment

HMMMMM.....................

There seems a conspicuous absence of comments in this thread from somebody?
                          Jerry

Comment

Gary. I agree with your idea, if he had come forward and said "it was me, I messed up" That would be quite acceptable.

Larry. I am saddened to. I really do hope it can be sorted because we are losing a valuable member.

Oh well

Comment

I know it too now, really a shame... Very bad to hear...

But what the heck, life goes on,
                              Junior.

Comment

am I the last one not to have guessed yet
                                The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X