Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is the way he works, think how long this way of working has gone on! He answers members queries like a god, and I've seen more than one thread in the past where a member's item/medal was deemed fake by this master, which I thought was good (maybe followed by a quick PM as to the price of the 'fake' item?)
    I have also seen postings in the past about fakes he may/maynot be involved in, and the accusing post mysteriously dissapears. How many are working with him in this way? how many of us has taken his advice and lost alot of money? how many of us have been burned by his dangerous badly researched info. For years and years...
    I think this is all very sad, Al Haag was a diliberate attempt to fool many more members and collectors worldwide. How long would it be before he turned again to tell us that his latest research deemed these items 100% real? Just enough time to buy a huge ammount no doubt, then sell it back to us!
    This is criminal activity, and should be seen as such. This was not a 'joke'.
    I am so glad Gary has had the decent courage to bring this out into the open.
    We need more Garys and less Al Haags.
    Bravo
    jon

Comment

Originally posted by tinmantis
      If this is the way he works, think how long this way of working has gone on! He answers members queries like a god, and I've seen more than one thread in the past where a member's item/medal was deemed fake by this master, which I thought was good (maybe followed by a quick PM as to the price of the 'fake' item?)
      I have also seen postings in the past about fakes he may/maynot be involved in, and the accusing post mysteriously dissapears. How many are working with him in this way? how many of us has taken his advice and lost alot of money? how many of us have been burned by his dangerous badly researched info. For years and years...
      I think this is all very sad, Al Haag was a diliberate attempt to fool many more members and collectors worldwide. How long would it be before he turned again to tell us that his latest research deemed these items 100% real? Just enough time to buy a huge ammount no doubt, then sell it back to us!
      This is criminal activity, and should be seen as such. This was not a 'joke'.
      I am so glad Gary has had the decent courage to bring this out into the open.
      We need more Garys and less Al Haags.
      Bravo
      jon
      Well Jon,

I agree... I Don't know AH in person but I've always read his threads and work with much interest... He has a great knowledge of SS militaria for sure, much more than I have and will have in even 10 years,... But the thing he tried to do sure makes it like a good fellow collector has passed away... I don't know why someone like him can change sides and go to "the Dark Side of the Force.."... I sure hope AH regrets what he did and comes to speak with us about it...
      Anyway,... I normally post on the other forum but this thing with the Dachau collar tabs made me post here... I think on the other forum Gary's actions would make him earn one of the awards pictured next to the username I guess. I don't think one can get it on this forum. Well, Gary... maybe no medal can be earned for your work as moderator, but the way you handled this hard situation makes you a highly respected collector and moderator

Best regards and long live Gary W !!
      Gerd V

Comment

re

Thank,s Gary for this kind of information
        When I saw the words dachau-tabs andfake in one post
        Ialso know whom we talking about

Great research work Gary ,you should join the police
        sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Thanks for the words guys but this really is not about me so lets not take it there, I am sure that any of the moderators on this forum would have done the same if this had been tried in there sections.

Also when I listed the reasons above I did of course forget to list above the very thing that started it, the Handschar tab that belonged to ED T.

I would just like to say that We are not purposely holding out on the name, we try to be fair here and professional in the way we handle things,sometimes we have off days but on the whole.... so there is a reason.
          cheers,
          Gary

Comment

Wow! I find this hard to believe. Took me a while to crack the code too obviously killed too many brain cells these last few years. That such an influential figure could stoop to this kind of nonsense! I find that disappointing as well as disrespectful to a forum where he was welcomed and listened to.

Comment

With his actions he will mostly hurt him self.

Cheers.
              Peter Wiking

Comment

Originally posted by ReichsHeini
                HMMMMM.....................
                There seems a conspicuous absence of comments in this thread from somebody?
                Jerry
                Yes, that was an obvious clue right from the start.

I agree with Gary. Look, I'm no saint and never claimed to be,
                so I have no business casting the first stone. Still I feel that this
                was an outright attempt to deceive and play all of us for fools.
                And to manipulate us all into someone else's way of thinking.
                I believe most of us here have a real love for this hobby and take
                it very seriously. We all know that collecting SS cloth is a path
                riddled with pitfalls and hidden dangers. And as Gary mentioned
                it is getting harder as time goes on. Do we really need a traitor
                in our midst to add to our confusion? No explanation will condone
                this behaviour IMO.

I felt the Handschar tab was a Dachau original right from the start,
                and I'm no genius in this area. Mr. Hritz's assessment solidified my
                feelings. But then aka Al Haag weighed in with his sanctimonious,
                decades-old pool of knowledge, and I started to doubt my own -
                and worse, Bob's (and others') eyes. This is unacceptable.

As the threads progressed, I became extremely suspicious and once
                Gary started to cross examine aka Al Haag, I hit upon my theory
                which has so far proven to be correct. Who else views Dachau cloth
                with such utter disdain and unfounded contempt? Who else has the
                personality of a super-hero-turned-arch-enemy? MUHAHAHAHA!!!

Very sad, really.

Comment

Guys, now you are killing me! Who is this AH? Can one please send me a PM... I will not post it. But, I tried to crack the code, but I think my career as an intelligence officer is on hold now....

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
                    Guys, now you are killing me! Who is this AH? Can one please send me a PM... I will not post it. But, I tried to crack the code, but I think my career as an intelligence officer is on hold now....

Okeey Fred
                    P.M send
                    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Yes who is it? Someone PM me the answer too. I have an idea, but I don't want to go on thinking it was an innocent person.

Comment

I now know who he is... I AM VERY VERY SHOCKED!

Comment

???????

Some body say who it is the excitment is killing me !!!!!

Comment

Jack - look at the clues, the answer is in front of you.

Comment

Yes Yes

Hello everybody,
                              yes I finally got it.Not surprised

Comment

I also no now who it is Based on his recent posts other than the SS tab thread. I think he has way to much time on his hands.

You just tarnished yourself and your reputation to over 5000+ forum members. I think a valid explanation of your actions is in order.

Glenn
                                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X