X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice original

Comment

Originally posted by RUHL13 View Post
      Well, if all Allach has been cataloged, what about all these wrought iron candle holders, are there they in cataloges?
      Or any other wooden objects?
      Just wondering if everything made was in some sort of flyer, catalog, etc.
      Regards,
      Gary
      great point Gary! I'll take a cask over an unmarked iron candleholder anyday.

Here are a few of my favorite things:

Comment

Originally posted by RUHL13 View Post
        Well, if all Allach has been cataloged, what about all these wrought iron candle holders, are there they in cataloges?
        Or any other wooden objects?
        Just wondering if everything made was in some sort of flyer, catalog, etc.
        Regards,
        Gary
        Comparing the box with runes to general decorative house hold objects like iron candle holders and wooden objects is not really relevant, too much of a sweeping generalisation.

The MK boxes, if genuine, and if they were meant hold a wedding editon MK and used for the SS wedding ritual, then they would be part of the key religious ceremony of the SS which is documented. Other objects used in this ritual are the Julleucter and the Wedding plate. There you have relevant Allach and a wooden object to compare to which are well documented.

This is the point as I see it, its not a general iron or wood household object and cannot be compared to such things, its allegedly a part of the paraphenalia of the most important SS ritual, with all its laws attached designed to maintain the purity of SS blood for the whole SS-Sippengemeinschaft.

I have no idea if they are real but they look quite nice. There's no documentation on them at all as far as I know, just the wedding edtion MK fits in them which brings the association with the wedding. But then, maybe its not, maybe Weitzel had a few made up to give Christmas present MK's to his men In Oberabschnitt-West

If they are the real deal, something will turn up, so keep looking

Capt', nice wedding themed picture!
        Last edited by Steve T; 09-03-2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Yes, there were ceremonial wrought iron candleholders designed and manufactured by artists being members of the SS or at least in contract with the SS.

An interesting and well documented (with preserved pictures taken in the period) case are the two ceremonial Sippenleuchter designed and pictured by Walter Franzius and executed by the SS-Burgschmiede (castle smithy) in Wewelsburg castle - for the use in the Dorfgemeinschaftshaus (village community house), today the restaurant Otten´s Hof.

Comment

Have many if any of these been found in Germany, the majority seem
            to come out of the UK
            Regards
            Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by mametz View Post
              to come out of the UK
              Regards
              Mametz
              Thats one of my main concerns

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                Yes, there were ceremonial wrought iron candleholders designed and manufactured by artists being members of the SS or at least in contract with the SS.

An interesting and well documented (with preserved pictures taken in the period) case are the two ceremonial Sippenleuchter designed and pictured by Walter Franzius and executed by the SS-Burgschmiede (castle smithy) in Wewelsburg castle - for the use in the Dorfgemeinschaftshaus (village community house), today the restaurant Otten´s Hof.
                Yes, they could make whatever they wanted in the smithy no doubt, but that's not my point. You're talking about exceptions to the rule and the poster I responded to was I think talking about iron and wooden objects in general,not exclusive low volume small smithy pieces like candle holders for a village hall.

My point was the ceremony of the wedding and pieces that would have been made in greater numbers to enable them to be present at all SS weddings and there is no documentation that has come forth that includes an MK cask in the proceedings but we do see the for example the wedding plate.

Comment

I just would like to know if this box would fit inside one of these. If so it could explain everything.
                  Attached Files

Comment

to come out of the UK
                    Regards
                    Mametz

An excellent point!

Comment

not sure why this matters really. Its not like they are coming out of India or Pakistan or somewhere. Didn't a lot of items get taken home by the winning allied nations after the war? Seems I read that somewhere....hmmm. You can also find a whole bunch of daggers in the USA from Wittmann and Johnson. Are all those fakes?

And how do you explain the appearance of these in Robin Lumsden's books? Is that some sort of cask conspiracy to make them look genuine?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                        My point was the ceremony of the wedding and pieces that would have been made in greater numbers to enable them to be present at all SS weddings and there is no documentation that has come forth that includes an MK cask in the proceedings but we do see the for example the wedding plate.
                        Steve, thanks for mentioning the wedding plate. If you look at the plate in Andrew Mollo's reference, Pictorial History of the SS, holding the bread (pg. 84, figure 132), what rune is present there? Answer: the hagal rune. I find this interesting as it relates to a wedding and the symbology of the cask being also a hagal rune. This rune was present on every important ss ceremonial object to include not only the julleuchter, as previously mentioned, but also the totenkopf ring.

Comment

[quote=Capt. R;4838396]not sure why this matters really. Its not like they are coming out of India or Pakistan or somewhere. Didn't a lot of items get taken home by the winning allied nations after the war? Seems I read that somewhere....hmmm. You can also find a whole bunch of daggers in the USA from Wittmann and Johnson. Are all those fakes?

Ask any of us guys who beat the bushes in the UK, its not there in the quantity that is is in the USA. Due of course to the British guys not bringing as much back due to threats of court marshall on the way home. certainly didn't have the opportunity to ship boxes home like the Americans did.
                          But SS casks-no problem- loads liberated and returned to the UK didden in kit bags,don't think so!
                          I've thought for years that these are coming from or the main contacts for them are UK based and simply drip feeding them on to the market.
                          Last edited by Jon Fish; 09-04-2011, 03:13 AM.

Comment

to come out of the UK
                            Regards
                            Mametz
                            I got mine straight from the vet

Comment

Well, to bad Robin Lumsden is not here to explain more, i believe his thoughts were these MK Caskets, were for Allgemeine SS Weddings only, his thoughts anyway he explained to me in an email.
                              But, the only proof i guess is that "Period" photo, if ever found.
                              Regards,
                              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                                I got mine straight from the vet
                                Excellent, can you share the details, what did he say about it?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X