Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Looks Good William
      Regards,
      Gary

Comment

Looks like all the ones I see for sale, if thats textbook? My own opinion is that they are not period,certainly not a wedding casket. Why have we never seen one in a period book,magazine,reference to one or photograph?

Comment

And way too many recently anyway.

Comment

They are very attractive, but I am skeptical if any are period originals.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

A period photo in use is yet to be found, but some believe

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=casket+club

Regards,
              Gary

Comment

I have always wanted one.

Comment

After seeing all of the fake carved wood stuff magically appearing after the Wall fell I would be very skeptical of any of these or eagles and wall hangings etc. The very nice gift and presentation editions of MK came in their own cardboard and leather sleeves or with ornate bindings and covers.

Comment

IMO the jury is still out on this one although I think that they are genuine based on the craftsmanship and construction methods. Remember too that the old school collectors recognize these as genuine.

When a period photo shows up, the prices will skyrocket on these.

Also, many other ss awards such as allach pieces are recognized as genuine but no period photos show up of those either. If you believe the ss kept things secret, then it is not much of a stretch to understand why nothing has surfaced on these.

If they are faked, who would be doing it? or it was done a long time ago, but no such tale has surfaced as in the case of other fakes and forgeries.

Comment

Finally, realize that the proper ceremonial runes are present here that not all fakers would necessarily recognize. Almost all ss sippe/clan family items have the hagal rune on them to include the allach leuchter and the julleuchter and this "cask."

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                        IMO the jury is still out on this one although I think that they are genuine based on the craftsmanship and construction methods. Remember too that the old school collectors recognize these as genuine.

Hmm, define 'old school'. Bob Hritz is a guy I highly respect and been around the hobby for a long time including many many vet purchases and motel buys and he is skeptical.
                        The craftmanship is,IMO, nothing special and not some long lost skill that would prevent it from being reproduced.

Also, many other ss awards such as allach pieces are recognized as genuine but no period photos show up of those either. If you believe the ss kept things secret, then it is not much of a stretch to understand why nothing has surfaced on these.

What about the Allach catalogue?

If they are faked, who would be doing it? or it was done a long time ago, but no such tale has surfaced as in the case of other fakes and forgeries.
                        Don't know on this, but I am a bit suspicious of a certain dealer who often 'turns' these up. No I won't name him. Or maybe they were made in the 50/60's for groups such as Haig?

Comment

the allach catalogue doesn't display all the particular pieces I am talking about. Even if it did, the catalogue was not meant to be seen by the public at large, esp. outside the ss.

Let's pretend that it was for the HIAG.... then it remains a legit ss collectible in my opinion, but the HIAG stuff was not nearly as detailed or well constructed as these are.

Why exactly is bob skeptical BTW?

Comment

Forget about the HIAG - there were not allowed to use these symbols after the war anyway and were not really keen on getting in trouble with the authorities by handing them over to their members under the table as well.

By that way: most Allach pieces manufactured and used exclusively by the SS are still very well documented in preserved documents and they were not destroyed due to the fact that producing art objects was nothing to be afraid of after the war.

The same is with these boxes but nothing is preserved or mentioned anywhere in SS-publications or insider documents of the period where normally one can indeed find interesting SS-objects never been seen by the public in the period as well.

Comment

Well, if all Allach has been cataloged, what about all these wrought iron candle holders, are there they in cataloges?
                              Or any other wooden objects?
                              Just wondering if everything made was in some sort of flyer, catalog, etc.
                              Regards,
                              Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X