Post your SS-Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Christian!

Saw that poster too, for sure an original but too expensive for me considering condition. Good to see though that the market is still favorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
      Speaking of posters that required some TLC....

Two rare gems that I had restored and linen backed this year...
      Christian, I hope the “Berufen Zum Kampf” is just the wrong photo you’ve posted as it’s one of the “grey” fakes.

Here’s an original.

Comment

Hi,

the poster of Christian is the real one.
        The color appear less green but i think it is due to the light and angle.

See You

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

Here we go again....

Its definitely not Grey and it is 100% a period pre-45 print no doubt about it.

The so-called grey fakes as only you label them are easy to spot and have more than just colour that is wrong with them... Artwork differences and lack of printers details altogether...

There was a thread that I know both myself and Vince had posted in (I will have to look for it) where comparisons where made over numerous publication types and the posters, both good and bad and there were colour and artwork differences even among the original pieces.

This one thankfully retained the printers details in full that no fake even bothers to have...
          Attached Files

Comment

I have seen differences in colours even between different sizes of other posters, in particular the 'Mot Bolcjevismen' (viking ship) poster by Damsleth.

Here are the other images from the comparison we made which i think was over 2 years ago now...
            Attached Files

Comment

And more again....!

Everything from brighter greens to washed out greys, and they are all originals.....!

In addition to this, the way in which a poster or publication was stored over the past
              75+ years can play a massive part in how it appears these days. Colours can fade due
              to sunlight exposure or water damage. Even severe soiling and yellowing of paper with
              age can make some colours look off from other known originals.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Max Wünsche; 11-04-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

A clearer image of one of the easy to identify fakes that Vince had also posted below.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dutch SS Poster

Dutch SS Poster proclaiming Mussolini has been freed. Nice that it has both the SD and Waffen SS in the text.

Original and Complete but with a few tears. (top of poster cut off in photo only)

Best!

https://ibb.co/mdPGQA

Last edited by SSG; 11-10-2018, 11:02 AM. Reason: Image not showing

Comment

Hi,

i'm reposting the poster of SSG.

See You

Vince
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Vince!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
                        Its late response but...
                        Actually on these poster is represent SS Polizei in Croatia and Waffen SS.

a.) Hrvatsku dragovoljačku SS diviziju - Croatian SS division (13 Waffen SS Division Handžar.)
                        b.) Njemačko redarstvo u hrvatskoj - SS Polizei in Croatia.

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564
                        Soes anyone has these poster for comparation?

Schlange

Comment

The only other one that I have ever seen for sale was from a well known German dealer. I think I have the image of that one on file at home but will need to check although it does look identical to this one.

There is a period image(s) of this poster being put up by SS/Polizei from one of the SS Kriegsberichter photo sets in the Balkans which I have on file at home and can post it later this evening.

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
                          Soes anyone has these poster for comparation?

Schlange

Comment

Hi,

there is one original in the collection of the City Museum of Novi Sad.

It was shown during the exhibition "Syrmian Front and Victory Over Fascism" which was opened on June 25, 2015 at the famous Petrovaradin Fortress of Novi Sad.

http://www.museumns.rs/node/342

Member Paja from the gmic.co.uk forum posted a review of the exhibition here :

http://gmic.co.uk/topic/57613-decora...seums/?page=14

The original pictures were sourced from this article from blic.rs :

https://www.blic.rs/vesti/vojvodina/...sablja/jdknt62

You can notice that an handwritten text was added in the lower part of the poster.

Is it this poster that is available on a period picture ? Because it seemed that at least another one (the only one ?) exist, please check below.

See You

Vince
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 11-11-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Here is one although I know I have others on file...

By SS-KB Westermann

Attached Files

Comment

This was the other that was for sale 4-5 years ago.

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X