Post your SS-Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Christian,

thanks for the period picture and the other original !

See You

Vince

Comment

No worries Vince,

I do have another on file at home and I will have a look this evening.

Comment

Thanx for help.

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564

Comment

The other image I had on file...

Why use one when you can use four....
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Christian,

very nice one !

See You

Vince

Comment

Cool. Puts them in a perspective.

Comment

I was at a wedding over the weekend and still managed to squeeze in an auction win.

Not an SS poster per se, although it does have an SS connection.

Original vintage racing poster promoting the victory by Mercedes-Benz in the Deutsche Alpenfahrt / German Alpine Race won by SS Obersturmfuhrer Lucas
                in his Mercedes Type 230 car.
                Attached Files

Comment

Never seen this one...but WOW!

Comment

Thanks Patrick....

I had only seen one a few years back although I had not noticed the SS connection back then as I thought it was just another early NS period mercedes poster of which there are quite a few.

This poster is small size so I may actually have some wall space to accommodate this one....

Comment

Hi,

two posters made for the Galician SS division, the first one was made from the start of the recruitment campaign in May 1943, the second one was made later and is using pictures taken during the first days of recruitment.

The third scan is showing a period picture of a recruitment center with the first poster on the wall.

All scans are courtesy taken from "The history of the Galician Division of the Waffen-SS" 2-volume books written by Michael James Melnyk.

See You

Vince
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting Vince, I had not seen the period images of this poster before although I have seen original's of the poster for sale several times.

Comment

Nice pics, thx for posting!

Comment

Hi,

i'm currently reading the books of Michael, and you can't imagine the struggle that happened in Ukrain, both politically and military speaking.
                            Each word and act was carefully taken for and during the creation of the SS Galician division.

What i just discovered is that on the left of the poster on the wall of the period picture, there is another poster showing the logo of the... OUN (organization of Uktrainian nationalists), the famous nationalist logo with the trident !

The SS (under order of Hitler) refused to promote anything that could be "Ukrainian". So Ukrainian was forbidden, the SS prefered to say Galician (which was an old Austrian-Hungarian Empire... So in a way the OUN - which had various political tendencies - had to "navigate" between the German administrations, the Polish and Russian resistance groups, and later... the Soviet Army.
                            The SS, as usual, made a LOT of promises (promises only bind those who believe), and finally in 1945 Germans created the Ukrainian National Army (like they did for the Russian Liberation Army). The OUN trident will be then officially permitted, and it is said that a few collar tabs were made for officers in April 1945, but i have my doubts, the collar tabs pictured in the book is not very good at all. On the other hand, they are dozen of pictures in the book showing Galician soldiers (officers, NCOs, privates) with the two models of the collar tab lion, or the national shield with the lion and the three crowns...
                            But all in all, Ukrainian nationalists KNEW that they were fooled, both by German, Polish and Russian states, who will never accept them.
                            So the OUN was quite reluctant to "help" in the recrutment of the SS Galician division (and temporary the other SS Polizei regiments that finally were disbanded to be transferred to the division). And the hundred if not thousand of ex-SS Galician soldiers who deserted between 1943 and 1944 to enlist in the OUN and other Ukrainian movements were later caught by the Russian Army...

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                              I was at a wedding over the weekend and still managed to squeeze in an auction win.

Not an SS poster per se, although it does have an SS connection.

Original vintage racing poster promoting the victory by Mercedes-Benz in the Deutsche Alpenfahrt / German Alpine Race won by SS Obersturmfuhrer Lucas
                              in his Mercedes Type 230 car.

Being a “car guy” and Militaria collector I really can appreciate that poster ...nice win !

Comment

Two new additions...

The STORM poster I purchased some time ago and the LSSAH music / concert poster is currently on its way to me.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X