SS bruyere- pfeifen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label

Yes, you must remove the Label or the Girl could Choke !

Comment

If I post pictures of SS soldiers wearing M43 caps, would that turn every fake M43 cap into an original relic?

Comment

Last edited by Ken B.; 04-04-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Final selling price on Ebay : 95,- Euro .. And of course the 9 different other bidders may just be so lucky to get a box as well by Second Chance Offer . That should make the lie big enough ?

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
            Final selling price on Ebay : 95,- Euro .. And of course the 9 different other bidders may just be so lucky to get a box as well by Second Chance Offer . That should make the lie big enough ?

Comment

Several members have submitted photo's that showed that smoking of pipes, cigars, and cigarettes were indeed very prevelant, here are three more reasons to refute those who are nay sayers about the box of pipes possibly not being real, because of the anti-smoking sign shown, said not to smoke.
              The fakers usually copy something real, but never get it exactly correct. There is always something that says it's fake or real. The more experienced collectors are not as fast to say fake as those who think they have seen it all when it comes to things not commonly seen, like a box of pipes. Experience does teach. The box on (Ebat) is not the box the as about at the beginning of this thread. A few young know it all wise guys, should try putting something like experience in their pipe and smoke it awhile.

Comment

Swan, again, the pipes and boxes are wartime, the markings are bogus!
                please don't smoke too much

all the best

Comment

Well, I and others don't agree that the box and it's markings shown at the beginning of this thread, are the same box and markings as the fake one shown on Ebat. And to say that the Germanan military didn't contract with private makes to supply products for soldiers to purchase thru the unit canteen store is just plain not understanding their various methods of supply. A contract number, product number, place of origin, and designation, was put on various boxes of supplies, just like they do today. It was not all done thru the RZM system.
                  To say all such boxes are fake, is reduculas as saying all such boxes are real.

Comment

It is an old box of pipes with fantasy markings. This type of thing is commonly encountered from Eastern Europe. Pictures of SS soldiers smoking pipes do not make those markings real.

Comment

It is laughable for someone who doesn't know me from Adam to presume that he knows the first thing about me or my expertise. I have been collecting and studying this stuff for decades. I also happen to be a former Army officer with some firsthand knowledge of how the military supply system works. I speak from experience.

While living in Germany for three years during the 90s, I traveled all over Eastern Europe and saw plenty of this doctored up crap for sale at flea markets. I have seen all sorts of original period items (medical and scientific instruments, cameras, cigarette and match cases... the list goes on and on), which had nothing to do with the German military, with post-war-added markings of various kinds to give them more selling power. Poor Easterners were anxious to try to make an extra buck selling their old crap at the expense of foolish Westerners who were eager to believe that they had uncovered something hidden away since the war.

These old boxes of pipes are no different than the spools of thread which started surfacing a few years ago with RZM tags. The spools were old; the tags were new. At first, many fools (young and old) believed those were original too. Just like these pipes, they said, "who would fake something like that?" and "it was cheap, so no one could have made them for monetary gain." Of course, they were still all bogus.

Next time, maybe it will be toothbrushes. The same arguments will be made and someone will find photos of SS troops brushing their teeth as "evidence" of their authenticity.

Sure, the military supplies their troops with such basic personal items (now, just as then), but no one kept such items intended for German troops for 60 years. If such items had value, they were sold; if they had utility; they were used; otherwise, they were discarded. Could there be the odd exception? Sure. Two or more such exceptions (like the one box of pipes found by our friend and another recently sold on eBay)? Get real.

Barnum is laughing from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                        It is an old box of pipes with fantasy markings. This type of thing is commonly encountered from Eastern Europe. Pictures of SS soldiers smoking pipes do not make those markings real.
                        Chris, I give up! they keep posting pictures of SS men smoking

Comment

That is correct, no one kept things for the German troops for 60 years. But for those who have not much knowledge or common sense, all types of items have been discovered every year, large things like tanks in the ground, to small things in wharehouses, homes, churches, etc.
                          You nay sayers who don't like the old box of pipes shat was at the beginng of the thread, are not asked to buy or trade for it.
                          No one cares if you like it, but you can't seem to stop interferring with those who have an opinion different than you.
                          Since you nay sayers with big opinion and mouths have not examined the box at the beginng of this thread, vs the EBAT box that all agree s fake, your opinion involves that you keep attacking those who disagree with you, is childish and rediculas.
                          You nay sayers have an opinion, and those who don't agree with you have heard it. Time for you to stop attacking the item and those who like it. In other words STFU and go find some other people and something else to attack and ridicule.
                          Last edited by Swan; 03-19-2009, 06:35 PM.

Comment

We would all be able to quietly laugh at your foolish belief in items like this if there weren't also others seeking knowledge here who wouldn't know any better. For us to sit by and not step in when someone claims crap like this is authentic would be taken by many to mean that we all agree. As this is a repository of knowledge, it is our collective obligation to police what is posted here for false information, fantasy, and fabrication. You can throw away your money on whatever crap you like, but it would be a crime for novice collectors who come here to learn to end up following your lead because no one else was willing to take the time and effort to set the record straight for them.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                              It is laughable for someone who doesn't know me from Adam to presume that he knows the first thing about me or my expertise. I have been collecting and studying this stuff for decades. I also happen to be a former Army officer with some firsthand knowledge of how the military supply system works. I speak from experience.

While living in Germany for three years during the 90s, I traveled all over Eastern Europe and saw plenty of this doctored up crap for sale at flea markets. I have seen all sorts of original period items (medical and scientific instruments, cameras, cigarette and match cases... the list goes on and on), which had nothing to do with the German military, with post-war-added markings of various kinds to give them more selling power. Poor Easterners were anxious to try to make an extra buck selling their old crap at the expense of foolish Westerners who were eager to believe that they had uncovered something hidden away since the war.

These old boxes of pipes are no different than the spools of thread which started surfacing a few years ago with RZM tags. The spools were old; the tags were new. At first, many fools (young and old) believed those were original too. Just like these pipes, they said, "who would fake something like that?" and "it was cheap, so no one could have made them for monetary gain." Of course, they were still all bogus.

Next time, maybe it will be toothbrushes. The same arguments will be made and someone will find photos of SS troops brushing their teeth as "evidence" of their authenticity.

Sure, the military supplies their troops with such basic personal items (now, just as then), but no one kept such items intended for German troops for 60 years. If such items had value, they were sold; if they had utility; they were used; otherwise, they were discarded. Could there be the odd exception? Sure. Two or more such exceptions (like the one box of pipes found by our friend and another recently sold on eBay)? Get real.

Barnum is laughing from the grave.

Bwanek1 you don't have to justify yourself.You try so hard since two weeks that I realised that you are , for sure, an high experience expert.
                              Notton

Comment

As someone who is passionate about this hobby and about original items, I have a deep interest in helping to differentiate between what is real and what is not. When fake items are accepted as real it reduces the demand for the real thing and spoils the quest of the collector to own real pieces of history. I have collected personal items like this for many years and have seen countless fake items like this as they appeared on the market. In my visits to flea markets in Germany and the Czech Republic since 1998 I have seen all manner of this stuff. It seems painfully obvious that the box at the start of this thread and the box on eBay were made by the same faker. It is important for people to know that these items are not real and I hope this thread can be used as a reference in the future for collectors who encounter this junk. This stuff is easily discernable as fake now but as more and more of this stuff is churned out in the coming years I hope that this forum will continue to be a useful reference tool to identify these fantasy fakes. The spirit of this forum is appreciation and identification of real items, not cheerleading for fakes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X