SS bruyere- pfeifen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
    Anyone who has collected personal items for any length of time has seen the glut of fake SS and Wehrmacht marked personal items coming from Eastern Europe. Often these items are sold at flea markets in Europe for just a few dollars. Keep in mind that in some parts of the world you can get a steak dinner with all the trimmings at a fancy restaurant for under $5 so there is incentive to add these fake marks to old stuff if it helps make a sale. It isn't about whether or not SS soldiers smoked or were issued tobacco, the issue is the similarity between the fake markings on this real box and the fake markings found on hundreds of old items as well as the bunker candles, Lederfett, foot powder, and all the other fake SS marked personal items that are widely available. As has been mentioned, the tax stamp makes no sense.
    I agree with you on the tax stamp, as i stated the pipes I seen on the sales board were for private purchase, i have to say i do not believe in these ss stamps also.
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Genuine or not, I'd prefer to see better decorum of members on here...For example, bwanek1 states:

"Can't we have a separate forum for amateurs to discuss their Eastern European fakes and fantasy items and leave this one to the discussion of legitimate items among real collectors who actually have a clue? "

Why not just state your opinion, with support for them, and stop short of condescending remarks. This forum belongs to everyone not simply stuck up over-qualified know-it-alls. Some people are just

Comment

in other words a separate forum of the blind leading the blind so noone learns from those who have experience,gee thats a good idea??!!

Comment

some people are clueless....I'm talking about good polite decorum not name calling and childish quips like yours. if someone is incorrect, state your opinion and your reasons and let him and others make up their own minds. Unless you post your qualifications, you are just another opinion. There are not many true experts on here anyhow. Even experts have fakes in their collections whether they know it or not, and that's a fact - as many experts have previously admitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
            Genuine or not, I'd prefer to see better decorum of members on here...For example, bwanek1 states:

"Can't we have a separate forum for amateurs to discuss their Eastern European fakes and fantasy items and leave this one to the discussion of legitimate items among real collectors who actually have a clue? "

Why not just state your opinion, with support for them, and stop short of condescending remarks. This forum belongs to everyone not simply stuck up over-qualified know-it-alls. Some people are just
            This is what happens every time:

1) Someone without a clue buys some piece of fantasy crap and then proudly posts it here.
            2) Those with experience tell them it is fake (simply and without insult).
            3) The novice gets angry that someone dared challenge the authenticity of his POS, gets defensive, and tells the experienced collectors that they are fools who don't know what they are talking about.
            4) In reply to a challenge to their knowledge, the experienced collectors return heavier fire on the noob, exposing his ignorance and letting him know just how foolish he really is.
            5) Other noobs rush to the defense of the poor soul for getting "picked on" by the veterans.

Take a look back throgh this thread. It follows that same old pattern.

So, yes, I would LOVE it if the blind would have their own little forum where they and other blind fools could go and enjoy their fake crap, patting eachother on the back and telling eachother what they want to hear, rather than us geting drawn into personal arguments and exchanging insults, as our reward for telling them plainly and simply what they need to hear.
            Last edited by bwanek1; 03-07-2009, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Bwanek1

Brad, taking your idea to heart I have come up with a Capital idea for a name for this "Fool's Forum". "Pipes, Tripe and Ground dug Chicanery". It could have various threads on fantasy dig finds, Polish Nazi Custom's Labels, Pink Smocks and Velveteen SS Color Piped Crushers. Everything for the bargain hunter who believes he has found the score of a lifetime.

Comment

I agree. Just dont waste you'r time with them.
                When the discussion is at point 3. Just leave the thread and never reply again to that person.

Btw, the pipes could be ok but I dont believe in the stamps.

Best regards: Hasse.M

[quote=bwanek1;3128610]This is what happens every time:

1) Someone without a clue buys some piece of fantasy crap and then proudly posts it here.
                2) Those with experience tell them it is fake (simply and without insult).
                3) The novice gets angry that someone dared challenge the authenticity of his POS, gets defensive, and tells the experienced collectors that they are fools who don't know what they are talking about.
                4) In reply to a challenge to their knowledge, the experienced collectors return heavier fire on the noob, exposing his ignorance and letting him know just how foolish he really is.
                5) Other noobs rush to the defense of the poor soul for getting "picked on" by the veterans.

Take a look back throgh this thread. It follows that same old pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Brad, taking your idea to heart I have come up with a Capital idea for a name for this "Fool's Forum". "Pipes, Tripe and Ground dug Chicanery". It could have various threads on fantasy dig finds, Polish Nazi Custom's Labels, Pink Smocks and Velveteen SS Color Piped Crushers. Everything for the bargain hunter who believes he has found the score of a lifetime.

Doc - you forgot to mention "Barn Finds" and "$40,000 SS Panzer wraps".......

Comment

Looks like a plain straightforward box of pipes humped up to make extra cash .... although the thought of a velveteen piped crusher has 'perked' my interest

Ian.

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Just for interest, here is an anti smoking Schwarze Korps poster as mentioned earlier...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hasse.M has the right idea. Stop on your list at #3. Why go to #4? Just let it be.

And who are you to characterize people as "noobs" or ""veterans?" You know nothing about that guy or me for that matter. If you were secure in your knowledge you'd just step back and laugh it off instead of defending your "expert opinion" to the so-called "noob." And if he is truly a newbie, who cares what he thinks? If I were the moderator, I'd encourage people to remain as polite as possible on here.

With that, I'll stop defending my "fellow noob" and go buy more real estate since it is so cheap now. It should pay off in another 10 years or so unlike all the militaria I've wasted money on over my lifetime. haha.

Comment

With that, I'll stop defending my "fellow noob" and go buy more real estate since it is so cheap now. It should pay off in another 10 years or so unlike all the militaria I've wasted money on over my lifetime. haha.

You are absolutly right!
                              Notton

Comment

Originally posted by J C Gray View Post
                                Just for interest, here is an anti smoking Schwarze Korps poster as mentioned earlier...
                                That is the very same poster.
                                thanks JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X