BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waffen SS Untersturmfuhrer's (1st. lt.) panzer jacket (wrapper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
    The stitching bnz. 42 refers to in post #48 is no indicator of original versus fake. That stitching is there for a purpose...or not. Some manufacturers extended the lining under the arm pit down the sleeve a little ways, that stitching holds the piece in place. That addition is at the whim of whoever manufactured the wrap. I tend to see them more in earlier wraps, but that is not absolute either. I have more wraps without that piece than I do "with".

This is definitely not a benchmark for making a determination of original versus fake.

Richard
    Hope you are right, but I almost positive now that it is just a good repro. I would really like to see more details like neck/collar hook(which for some reason or purpose it is not showed in any picture), burlap material, and button holes.

Comment

EDIT: Decided this wasn't the time or place to post this...

Rob
      Last edited by Rob Johnson; 02-03-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Doing business with Stephen Wolfe is very pleasant. He visited my home last week and saw I needed a blue cloth pilot jacket for a mannequin I am putting up. Today he called to advise me to expect one in the mail. I would say the customer service of Wolfe-Hardin is second to none.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Steve Wolfe

Concur fully with Bob. I have been doing business with Steve Wolfe for over 30 years starting with The Bunker in Lakewood. Steve has worked very hard to establish himself as one of the leading authorities in our hobby. I have always found him to be knowledgeable, patient, loyal, and a man of unquestioned integrity.

Comment

?

Are you Steve Wolfe?

Comment

I Wish!

No, but I would very much like to have a small piece of his collection. He owns more than a few items that any military museum would be proud to display. You could spend the better part of a day just going through the Michael Wittmann documents he obtained from the family.

Comment

Originally posted by hkodgoalie View Post
                No, but I would very much like to have a small piece of his collection. He owns more than a few items that any military museum would be proud to display. You could spend the better part of a day just going through the Michael Wittmann documents he obtained from the family.
                For a good museum this staff is rubbish If museums wanted to display it, they would.
                I once went to impressionist show here in Seattle, Monet, Picasso.. But I was impressed more not by their art but by constantly thinking that each of those art works is worth how much.. of our collections?

Comment

Holy Smokes

Man, don't let this Guy find out where all that Bling is located. he could use a Fur Hat, Scepter and Orb that were not made of plasctic.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Man, don't let this Guy find out where all that Bling is located. he could use a Fur Hat, Scepter and Orb that were not made of plasctic.
                    Clown! But not funny one
                    BTW, There was a Soviet "tsar" Leonid Brezhnev He ruled Russia for almost 20 years until he died. Today there is a museum in Moscow of .. his auto park! Yes, because all kings and presidents (including American) were giving him cars for as presents, because he liked them, of course, who wouldn't? Anyway, he got only best ones, custom-made, exotic, you name it. And ! Funny thing he said, literally: "There are only two types of cars - Mercedes and all the rest".
                    True story BTW that clown on the picture that you posted drives cheap and old Rolls-Royce

Comment

Yes

Yes, his gold is plastic and that Rolls is garbage. I was not disrespecting the Museum Items you posted as they are beautiful. It was late Friday Nite, that is my excuse for posting a picture of the "The Archbishop Don Magic Juan", a very unsucessful Rapper.

Comment

Magic Juan was a well known pimp, in Chicago, when I was on the police department. Back then, he drove a custom chartruse-green Cadillac.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Trunk Music

To bad he was not found in the truck of aforementioned Green Cadillac. He should be shot for "bad taste", now that would be a motive in this particular Case.

Comment

This is quite a thread :-)

Wrappers, Pimps and bald alcoholics ! who needs anything else in life :-).....

Well except for an internet connection in Helmand LOL

Comment

Thread

I am gonna Slap this Thread like a Pimp slaps a Ho ! HARD ! Hey, who is the bald Alcoholic? I am not re-reading this thread to find out, no way!

Comment

Folks, please get back to discussing the wrap. Some very interesting comments thus far regarding this unusual wrap. Has a private purchase been considered?

Cheers,

Asper

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X