Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waffen SS Untersturmfuhrer's (1st. lt.) panzer jacket (wrapper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS Untersturmfuhrer's (1st. lt.) panzer jacket (wrapper)

I am considering buying the following tunic, but at this amount would appreciate the experts' views before doing so.

http://oakleafmilitaria.com/087u5.html

Looks to be a nice original SS wrapper. It is not overdone, as so many we see. No cuff title, may never have been one, only an in hand exam can tell, at least not dolled up in that way. All insignia appears original and sewing methods seem aceptable too. Good angle on the cuff stitching, not a lot of wear or oxidation on the boards, but sewing of same looks fine in photos. Decent wool wear all around and inside, hard to find fault judging from the photos. Good hands on always required with one of these but that can be done during purchase and inspection period. IC 2 class ribbon looks to be original and not added. Sleeve eagle is sparsely sewn, but I've seen them that way before. Overall thumbs up.

Richard

Comment

I noticed that this dealer has a lot of really good staff recently, nothing llike what he had before to offer (maybe he is selling some "old-fighter"'s colection?).
      I like his wraps too, especially this officer/Untersturmfuhrer's one. The silver piping on black uniforms looks so sharp!
      BTW I believe there are clear traces of previously applied cufftitle on the left sleeve.
      Congrats!

Comment

I believe from my dealings with him that Kristian Anderson is a honest guy who knows his stuff. Nice wrapper regards, John.

Comment

j

Hi!
          Im see , the materialls good ,insingnia, good, id like!
          ibencsik

Comment

Please do not take my comments in any way, positive or negative.
            I just noticed that some details in construction of this wrap are different from my wrap. For example my wrap does not have this stitching:

Also, on mine there are four eyelets for belt hooks, while on this wrap there are only four.

There are a few more differences that I noticed as well, which of course could mean nothing but if I were you I would ask for more detailed pictures before spending 23K for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
              I noticed that this dealer has a lot of really good staff recently, nothing llike what he had before to offer (maybe he is selling some "old-fighter"'s colection?).

Absolutely. Kris gets a lot of consignment pieces from old collections and estates. I have acquired a number of good items from his offerings lately.

Tom

Comment

My wrapper does also not have this stitching and have five eyelets for belthooks.
                Sincerely yours
                Heinz

Comment

I am not convinced that the four versus five belthook holes is a real smoking gun. I have seen both and I currently have an assault gun wrapper (with excellent provenance) that has four holes.

Mike

Comment

lol my wrapp is with 6 holes
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
                      lol my wrapp is with 6 holes
                      Ah...clearly a fake that you should send to me for disposal! I would be happy to take it off your hands - no need to pay me!

Mike

Comment

This piece has quite a few anomalies.
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Cheers Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
                          Ah...clearly a fake that you should send to me for disposal! I would be happy to take it off your hands - no need to pay me!

Mike
                          Mike thats realy bad,I was sure this one is good whats a shame ,two holes to much ..........

Comment

Sjp

I am with SJP.

Comment

I don't think the line bnz. 42 shows is stitching, I think it is more like a storage fold. If it were in fact a line of stitching, then I would walk away from this wrap. As bnz. 42 pointed out there is also a clear sign of a removed cuff title. Missing that is good reason not to be writing this stuff at 1:30 a.m.

Steve and Doc, slip me a few anomalies...by pm if you prefer, just curious, no agenda one way or the other.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X