Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waffen SS Untersturmfuhrer's (1st. lt.) panzer jacket (wrapper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fold

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
    I don't think the line bnz. 42 shows is stitching, I think it is more like a storage fold. If it were in fact a line of stitching, then I would walk away from this wrap. As bnz. 42 pointed out there is also a clear sign of a removed cuff title. Missing that is good reason not to be writing this stuff at 1:30 a.m.

Steve and Doc, slip me a few anomalies...by pm if you prefer, just curious, no agenda one way or the other.

Richard
    Actually, it looks like just an ordinary fold in the fabric. Ask Kris.
    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by SJP View Post
      This piece has quite a few anomalies.
      __________________________________________________ ______
      Cheers Steve
      Steve,
      I think you have interesting doubts on it...this wrap could be an interesting case of study...
      I would like to know your doubts...to learn something more...also by pm.
      Thanks in advance.

Roberto

Comment

. . .
        Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 02-02-2009, 08:44 PM. Reason: Ridiculous commentary not related to the primary subject matter . . .

Comment

PM's

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
          Why come on here and say you don't like something, but then not say what? And to discuss the issues in private after making such a comment in public - what's up with that?

If you are going to comment about having doubts in public, please describe your doubts in public as well - not in private afterwards. Isn't that what we are all supposed to do? I recall something about this kind of activity being mentioned before . . .

Private comments are o.k. - but keep them ALL private . . .

Not very polite, in my opinion . . .

Brad
          Well said!!!
          Peter

Comment

It may be a fold...but it has the same on the other shoulder if you look at the site photos.

Comment

NC Weyth

Your comments very revealing. I recommend Websters dictionary for starters.
              __________________________________________________ _____________
              Cheers Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Mike C View Post
                ...the four versus five belthook holes is a real smoking gun....
                Mike
                Absurd!

B. N. Singer

Comment

IMO "Absurd" is when one thinks that this wrap is original only by seeing those images on the dealer Web site.
                  I do hope it is original but some experts had a fake wrap in their collection for 30 years (?) and thought it was real, but that story gave me a good lesson - extremely good fakes of wraps have been made in the past 60 years.

Comment

I would never buy, as authentic, a uniform or medal I could not first examine in-hand.

Comment

. . .
                      Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 02-02-2009, 08:44 PM. Reason: Ridiculous commentary not related to the primary subject matter . . .

Comment

N.c.

N.C., I agree with your logic, but what if somebody knew a few reasons why an item is bad, but they are in fear of Fakers reading the Forum and thus making corrections? Should they not comment at all if they are not willing to tell you what the problem with the item really is? I think that is what is already happening on the Forum. People who know what is wrong with an item will not mention it anymore, they do not want to be asked the next question and give away hard learned secrets.

Comment

Let's face it guys, Fakers will keep improving their work no matter what can be said or not in a forum, they can still buy reference books ...or, given the money involved in the game, buy original pieces, if we all have to feel afraid to tell and share our knowledge because of the fakers, well, what's the point of the forum then? just to show off your collection?

Comment

Originally posted by Krieg777 View Post
                            Let's face it guys, Fakers will keep improving their work no matter what... well, what's the point of the forum then?...
                            To ask for opinions and hope that someone more knowledgeable might be kind enough to take their time to answer!

And Certainly Not to infer any knowledge on my part, but that's ALL you can expect to get from me!

B. N. Singer

Comment

. . .

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                                ... maybe some day we'll find someone...that has both the knowledge and the courage to fight the fear . . .

Brad
                                Fight the fear??? Learn to swing your own bat and maybe you wont need someone else to hit the ball!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X