EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S.S. Banner discovered in bag of old uniforms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
    Here is a picture of your banners in use during the period. This photo (from what I was told) is from the Police Headquarters building in Koeniggraetz, a city in the Hradec Kralove region of Bohemia. The ruinic symbols appear to be identicle in shape as well as the distances from side to side compared to yours. Only the verticle length of the banners seem slightly longer. Peter
    Post #116
    Thanks Wyeth and THANK YOU PETER ..that's the closest example I've seen ..nice find and thanks for posting that.

And Texas ..it is funny how after being balled up for years I'm going to be "treating it" differently now ..that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike P. View Post
      Texas ..it is funny how after being balled up for years I'm going to be "treating it" differently now ..that's for sure.
      It 'deserves' to be treated better!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
        Do you want to see them?
        Please do post them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
          I Know who you mean and it was a sad day and a Sad loss
          Here here.

Oh and by the way Chesterfield is a large market town in North Derbyshire .... home of Raymond G. and former home of myself and the present Mrs Hulley

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasuberalles View Post
            Please do post them.
            I agree , I hope he posts more of them

Originally posted by Ian Hulley
            Oh and by the way Chesterfield is a large market town in North Derbyshire .... home of Raymond G. and former home of myself and the present Mrs Hulley
            Ian.
            Hi Ian , I exchanged quite a few Emails with Raymond today and I’ll tell you ..he's a credit to our Hobby and it was a real pleasure meeting him.
            From the sounds of it , there are several Collectors in your area. I only have one Collector close by so we don’t have to “Sumo Wrestle” over new items at the local shops …friendlier that way. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
            <o></o>

Comment

For what it's worth, i actually like this banner
              Regards Bob

Comment

hello again gentlemen apologies all round on my part. As you can see on the picture the cabinets were very similar and the SS flag was placed for weeks until sold in the exact same position as in picture 1 on this first post. That's what threw me. Yet again sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.
                Attached Files

Comment

JIMMY-
                  GREAT GESTURE !

Comment

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
                    But make allowance for their doubting too"

<O</O
                    <O</O
                    A simple excerpt from one of my favorites , written long ago and yet timeless.
                    In this case , it applies. You believed what you posted and really thought it was the same Banner ...but you allowed for our doubting you and reconsidered.

<O</O
                    Jimmy , Thank you for coming back and clearing that up . I respect you for that.

Now that that's settled , I believe the drinks should be on you right ?

<O</O
                    Last edited by Mike P.; 03-16-2008, 04:55 PM.

Comment

In the words of The Bard.................
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        Donald was a great guy but the guy who drove him away is no youngster and has many years in the hobby as well. I dont agree with the reasons that guy went after Donald but I also dont agree that Donald shouldve left the forums his knowledge was his forcefield. Donald is probably reading this too if you are my friend I hope you are well and will join us again just brush the mud slung off and forward,forward,forward as most good soldiers do !
                        I back john and the many others holding this view. donald was extremely valuable to the pasttime, and his contributions, sorely missed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X