Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello BenVK,

You mean you had my crusher in hands in the past ?

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
    I remember this cap well, superb!

Comment

Crusher

Hey - Sorry guys...... I was joking. It was all a dream. I have a weird sense of humor. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL caps you guys have their.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
        Hey - Sorry guys...... I was joking. It was all a dream. I have a weird sense of humor. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL caps you guys have their.
        Actually, it was very funny!

Comment

Crusher

Thanks !!

Comment

Phil, I find your proposal for a systematic study of ss crusher highly commendable, but it seems that the technical skills and expertise available for such an endevour just does not exist. I for one has learned a lot from your comments regarding my crusher, but it seems you are alone in this wilderness. It might be because so few of these caps has been handled,especially by the guys that are really into the TR visors and are knowledgeable about the various makers and construction techniques. Would it be possible for you to list the main construction and other characteristics unique to these . I have taken the liberty to start a thread in this regard in the Headgear forum. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post2479044 Jacques

Originally posted by phild View Post
            SS crushers are almost the last frontier in 3rd Reich collecting. By that I mean that almost every major high profile and many low profile types of items have had the doodoo analized and published out of them over the last 25 years, especially during the last 10 yearsor so. While we collectors don't know everything about anything we certainly know a lot more than we did even 10 years ago about most items of 3 Reich militaria....SS crushers not withstanding.

SS crushers are an exception. I believe that very few collectors if any really know a heck of a lot of TRUE information about these caps. There is certainly no in depth information or extensive photos of real ones that has ever been published .

Most of my knowledge about these type caps come from detailed study of as many good period photos of these being worn as I have been able to find over the last 30 years when I became seriously interested in them.

I have also seen maybe 20 or 30 that I thought COULD be real in either sharp quality collector photo series or in person to study as well.

There are a few general characteristics that I have found that differ these from the Heer examples (other than band color of course) and maybe about a half dozen fairly distinguishable types or variations within SS crushers that I have noted as well.

What all of the above observations really mean I am unsure of, but it would interesting to try to organize and document in a systematic approach what is known about these desirable style of caps.
            Last edited by jacquesf; 02-22-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
              it was indeed very funny

great sence of humor

TRD=Third Reich Dreams???

P.S. great SS crushers.

Comment

Crusher Cap

Sometimes I hesitate to joke around because there are those that take you seriously. There's a great photo of an officer with a fantastic crusher in Angolia's SS "Cloth Insignia" book. It's a nice action photo in the field.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X