No announcement yet.

Post Your Waffen SS Crushers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS crushers are almost the last frontier in 3rd Reich collecting. By that I mean that almost every major high profile and many low profile types of items have had the doodoo analized and published out of them over the last 25 years, especially during the last 10 yearsor so. While we collectors don't know everything about anything we certainly know a lot more than we did even 10 years ago about most items of 3 Reich militaria....SS crushers not withstanding.

SS crushers are an exception. I believe that very few collectors if any really know a heck of a lot of TRUE information about these caps. There is certainly no in depth information or extensive photos of real ones that has ever been published .

Most of my knowledge about these type caps come from detailed study of as many good period photos of these being worn as I have been able to find over the last 30 years when I became seriously interested in them.

I have also seen maybe 20 or 30 that I thought COULD be real in either sharp quality collector photo series or in person to study as well.

There are a few general characteristics that I have found that differ these from the Heer examples (other than band color of course) and maybe about a half dozen fairly distinguishable types or variations within SS crushers that I have noted as well.

What all of the above observations really mean I am unsure of, but it would interesting to try to organize and document in a systematic approach what is known about these desirable style of caps.

Comment

I would like to have in hands
      Carlo

Comment

You are right Solo, pictures can only provide a general idea of the caps.

Nothing could replace having these caps in hands....and nothing could replace the experience to have had unquestionnable caps in his own hands .....

I have been collecting ss caps for 25 years and these caps are extremely hard to get and when available, they are not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
          It would be a very short thread indeed if original examples only were posted.
          Something strikes me funny - this thread is quickly becoming the longest "post your pictures" thread without that many pictures to go around! We have seen closer to a handful of some very nice examples, but quite a bit more discussion . . . nothing wrong with that mind you - just strikes me as curious. I guess this thread would indeed be very short if it were not for all the chat . . .

Brad

Comment

This cap is NOT mine...............I found the pictures on one of the forums some time back.

I can't recall who the owner is, or who posted it.

But it belongs in this thread for reference.
            Attached Files

Comment

Interior.............
              Attached Files

Comment

Last one.

What a killer!
                Attached Files

Comment

crusher

Rare...is an understatement.
                  ....here's another form the same collection...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, i can remember this cap, could have bought it 5-6 years ago.

Too late

the same as you have diplayed Robin
                    Attached Files

Comment

here my cap for second time yes a rare cap,but a frind of me own 6 W-SS crushers caps,one panzer
                      Attached Files

Comment

Crusher

Yes, this one is also very nice, would love to buy it

Comment

So would I.

Comment

Originally posted by Beobachter View Post
                            Hello everybody,
                            Here is my crusher, this is the standart one which was delivered to offz and nco.
                            I remember this cap well, superb!

Comment

SS Crusher Cap

I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAP, GUYS!!! THANKS BESSLEIN !!! I NEVER thought I'd get an SS Crusher this REASONABLE!! This is a DREAM COME TRUE!!......Honey, wake up....you're late for work. Huh? DAMN...I must have been dreaming. I'm really NOT getting an SS crusher in the mail. And my boss still hates me. Oh well.......I guess I'll just have to live with my really rare one-of-a-kind cap I got from TRD.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                                I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAP, GUYS!!! THANKS BESSLEIN !!! I NEVER thought I'd get an SS Crusher this REASONABLE!! This is a DREAM COME TRUE!!......Honey, wake up....you're late for work. Huh? DAMN...I must have been dreaming. I'm really NOT getting an SS crusher in the mail. And my boss still hates me. Oh well.......I guess I'll just have to live with my really rare one-of-a-kind cap I got from TRD.
                                I will be happy if you can post some photos,do you have finde cap like my?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X