44 dot material, expert help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remy,

Do you mean that SM Wholesale's pattern is closest to the original pattern used in Waffen-SS dot? Has SM ever printed their products in anything other than 4 color? I know for the last 5 or 6 years all they have used is 4 colors which is one color short of what was used originally. From all the comparisons to the original examples in this thread, Janke matched up pretty well to the original pattern in the small initial referance example as well as the original garments posted earlier. I can't say that it would fair well up against an original piece given a larger area to compare. I own no SM samples to compare against a Janke or the other original examples posted earlier in this thread. Thanks for your observations and opinions on this matter.

Sepp

Comment

Great thread, very relevant! Should be pinned IMO.

Comment

Very interesting.
        Luca
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

I put together this image to use as for reference. As you can clearly see there are five primary colors used in the dot pattern camouflage. Sometimes it's difficult to see the olive color No. 3 when looking at the overall pattern so i intensified the colors in this image to help make an easier comparison.

Regarding the reproduction HBT dot camo made by Michael Janke and SM Wholesale over the years.
          - Janke HBT cloth contains all 5 colors in the pattern.
          -SM Wholesale HBT cloth only used 4 colors when they first released their HBT uniforms back in the late 90's.
          Recently in 2008 they released a new batch of HBT dot camo which now contains all 5 colors.

regards,
          Remy
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Remy Spezzano; 09-29-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X