Delich COA LAH Panzer Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delich COA LAH Panzer Wrap

LAH Pz5.jpg LAH Pz6.jpg Delich LAH.jpg LAH Pz1.jpg LAH Pz2.jpg LAH Pz3.jpg LAH Pz4.jpg Gents,

Interested in your thoughts in this wrap. Comes with letter from Delich. It is marked "DEKAWE. F fm." and "F. 40"

I´ll tell you what it is

It´s a heer pattern wraparound with hand applied SS insignia - when apllied - good question?!
    If you believe what´s in the COA thats up to everyone himself

Comment

Didn't the SS use HEER Clothing like Black Panzer wrappers for some time? Many with hand applied insignia? Sincerely, DJB

Comment

Thats amazing.

Dave gave me an opportunity to buy this jacket back in the early 80s when I collected Panzer wraps.

Comment

WSS AFV crewmen did wear Army pattern wraps on occasion (very seldom), but it's so problematic to ascertain if this is the case. May I point out that Mr Delich's missive is not a COA in neither substance nor form. It's just a cover letter.

Comment

Originally posted by manayunkman View Post
            Thats amazing.

Dave gave me an opportunity to buy this jacket back in the early 80s when I collected Panzer wraps.
            What was your feeling of the wrap of the time? And did the stitching and wear look original versus the insignia at the time? Many thanks.

Comment

You will never know for sure. If you like it bid on it and be happy with what you get.

Comment

Just a few observations on the letter of transmittal:

The style of the letter is consistent with something Dave would write.

The signature looks to be Dave’s.

The return address stamp at the bottom is one that Dave used for years in his correspondence and envelopes.

If Dave wrote it, and I believe he did, then he was 100% convinced of both the truth and the accuracy of the contents of the letter.

So, in my mind, the only things that can be challenged are weather the wrapper shown is indeed the one sold in 1984 and that it is unaltered from that time.

Alen Davidson

Comment

How much does an authentic proven LAH panzer wrapper sell for on today’s market ? Ask yourself why such a low reserve bid price. Look at the item not the COA, that’s been a staple advice given by many experienced collectors over the years. COA’s are sales tools. Judge for yourself you are the one who will be keeping it until you tire of it.

Comment

Can anyone point out any detail that links the tunic shown to the letter? Even "authentic black W-SS wraparound(s)" is open to interpretation.

Comment

David is still around to my knowledge, so he should be able to verify if this is the same tunic, and if his opinion remains as in 1984. I have a great deal of respect for him, as he helped me avoid a costly misstep on an A-SS uniform many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill G. View Post
                        David is still around to my knowledge, so he should be able to verify if this is the same tunic, and if his opinion remains as in 1984. I have a great deal of respect for him, as he helped me avoid a costly misstep on an A-SS uniform many years ago.
                        That would be outstanding. In the event anyone is still in touch with him regularly, perhaps he could chime in as it would be definitive, imo.

Comment

No EKII ribbon or Russian front or assault badge ? Odd

Comment

Greetings,
                            I wrote to Mr. Delich about the wrapper and this is His reply: "David,
                            Yes, this was my tunic, and can confirm that I purchased it in 1964. I recall expressly the year,
                            because I was driving a red 1964 Chevy Super Sport convertible at the time. I usually recall time
                            periods according to the car I was driving at the time. The wrapper appears to me exactly as I
                            purchased it except that I don't recall that it had an IC on the breast.
                            Dave
                            Hope this helps. Sincerely, DJB

Comment

I wonder if it had the loops for the EK1.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X