No announcement yet.

Delich COA LAH Panzer Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this wrap currently for sale somewhere?

Jack

Comment

To address some previous questions, my guess is that it has no loops for an EKI but may have loops in some position for a lessor badge like a sports badge.

we have a Heer dated 1940 wrap in pretty much mint condition for LAH PZ 2nt LT. A new 2lt buys 2 wraps from LAH unit supply late 1940 or early 41. They are Heer wraps because the SS had no wrap supply source at that time other than the Heer as there were hardly more than a few hundred SS soldiers authorized to wear them prior to 1941.
      Officer leaves one wrap at home and takes the other one and other field uniforms to the front in 1941. Take your pick on if he was killed in the Balkans or USSR later in 41 or even 42 before LAH was relieved, either way tunic was not much worn, no awards or possible promotion reflected on it very simple and probably typical of at least one third of German uniforms I found there

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
        To address some previous questions, my guess is that it has no loops for an EKI but may have loops in some position for a lessor badge like a sports badge.

we have a Heer dated 1940 wrap in pretty much mint condition for LAH PZ 2nt LT. A new 2lt buys 2 wraps from LAH unit supply late 1940 or early 41. They are Heer wraps because the SS had no wrap supply source at that time other than the Heer as there were hardly more than a few hundred SS soldiers authorized to wear them prior to 1941.
        Officer leaves one wrap at home and takes the other one and other field uniforms to the front in 1941. Take your pick on if he was killed in the Balkans or USSR later in 41 or even 42 before LAH was relieved, either way tunic was not much worn, no awards or possible promotion reflected on it very simple and probably typical of at least one third of German uniforms I found there
        Certainly a plausible explanation. I suppose if one could get a contemporary letter from DD - that is, one stating what David B. reports - that is probably the best form of provenance anyone could hope to obtain in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post

What was your feeling of the wrap of the time? And did the stitching and wear look original versus the insignia at the time? Many thanks.

I passed on it because I wanted a text book example with a squared flap.

Comment

There is another Delich COA tunic being offered as well. A 2nd Lieutenant four pocket decorated up the yin yang with a Dkig and loops for four badges. Although the COA says the loops possibly post war added.

Comment

Originally posted by manayunkman View Post
              Thats amazing.

Dave gave me an opportunity to buy this jacket back in the early 80s when I collected Panzer wraps.
              i bought quite a few pieces from dave back then,but i didn't see that..........dave

Comment

Bidding closed at $19,000. Congrats to the winner.

Comment

Dave also had or has Von Ribbentrop’s SS uniform.

He was finding the stuff out of the woodwork before it got so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by manayunkman View Post
                    Dave also had or has Von Ribbentrop’s SS uniform.

He was finding the stuff out of the woodwork before it got so hard.
                    If it was the lightweight Rudolph Von Ribbentrop tunic that was with Steve Wolf for as long as I can remember.

Comment

were was it sold ? the wrap

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
                        were was it sold ? the wrap
                        Grenadier Militaria Auctions Judas , there was a lot of SS items, I scored something nice for my own collection.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post

If it was the lightweight Rudolph Von Ribbentrop tunic that was with Steve Wolf for as long as I can remember.
                          Rudi von Ribbentrop reject that this had ever been his tunic. A friend and I had shown him the photos from the Beaver book and he wrote us a letter that it had never been his.

It doesn't cease to amaze me how many people fall for 'name dropping' with no firm provenance.

Fantasy pieces with no provenance never earn my respect and a lot of people just laugh their butts off behind the scenes when they see these pieces getting sold.

Markus.

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post

...that is probably the best form of provenance anyone could hope to obtain in this day and age.
                            Amen. Dave knows his stuff and this is a very nice looking wrap most of us would be proud to own. Congratulations to the new owner.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post

Amen. Dave knows his stuff and this is a very nice looking wrap most of us would be proud to own. Congratulations to the new owner.

s/f Robert
                              yep him and john pic helped me out with a tunic from the l a h , only a few that have no agenda

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post

Rudi von Ribbentrop reject that this had ever been his tunic. A friend and I had shown him the photos from the Beaver book and he wrote us a letter that it had never been his.

It doesn't cease to amaze me how many people fall for 'name dropping' with no firm provenance.

Fantasy pieces with no provenance never earn my respect and a lot of people just laugh their butts off behind the scenes when they see these pieces getting sold.

Markus.
                                nice to see the letter i am at the bottom of the world so can trace (99% off most stuff here,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X