No announcement yet.

Haarnadel SS (toter Kopf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not 100% but think the badge is original, Chris I think the flawas compared to yours are matching? Cannot make all flaws detailed out from yours.
    Attached Files

Comment

I can assure you, they do not match. The incorrect markings on this badge alone, should be enough for judgment, imo, regardless of the minor detail comparisons on the skull. However, if you want to do this, then look at the sharp triangular area between the eye brows on my badge, them campare it with this one, (and also the Winkler fakes posted here too). They never get that detail right on any of the fakes.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Comment

thank you Chris, I agree! Never got the Chance to find one ... sadly.

Comment

Here is a close-up of the skull on my badge front side, and another full shot.

Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, I cannot post pictures of the back side of an original, but I will say that the circled area shown here is nothing like an original.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another cast fake, (not a Winkler), showing this same area which is still not like an original one, but closer.
              Attached Files

Comment

lovely badge you own Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                  I can assure you, they do not match. The incorrect markings on this badge alone, should be enough for judgment, imo, regardless of the minor detail comparisons on the skull. However, if you want to do this, then look at the sharp triangular area between the eye brows on my badge, them campare it with this one, (and also the Winkler fakes posted here too). They never get that detail right on any of the fakes.

Hope this helps!

Chris
                  So you call it "fake" just because of the mismatch of markings on the skull? Have you seen at least one original badge on the back side, besides your own, that you can so easily judge it? Again, this is not a fake, it has been in the ground for over 70 years, so I'm sure of originality!

Comment

Originally posted by G23 View Post

So you call it "fake" just because of the mismatch of markings on the skull? Have you seen at least one original badge on the back side, besides your own, that you can so easily judge it? Again, this is not a fake, it has been in the ground for over 70 years, so I'm sure of originality!
                    I have seen and had more than one original, and the badge in this thread is sadly not even close to what i would call real. Perhaps Winkler took a holiday in the Ukraine and came up with the brilliant idea of digging a few holes?
                    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post

I have seen and had more than one original, and the badge in this thread is sadly not even close to what i would call real. Perhaps Winkler took a holiday in the Ukraine and came up with the brilliant idea of digging a few holes?
                      Judging by your words, you saw and had a fake, unfortunately, or on purpose say that it is a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by G23 View Post

Judging by your words, you saw and had a fake, unfortunately, or on purpose say that it is a fake.
                        When you are happy with it, this is all what matters. I guess you had anyway no Plans to sell it, so it not really matter what is posted in this Thread.....Enjoy it!
                        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Yes, I have handled more than one original and have learned what they look like. If you think that your badge is real, then as already stated, enjoy it.

Chris

Comment

Excuse me, but I really can't understand how this can be fake! if I bought it somewhere, I certainly would have doubted its originality, but I personally found it! I don't know much about that. Can you please tell me, somewhere you can create some kind of scientific and laboratory expertise?

Comment

G 23 I like your badge and maybe belive you.
                              Those pics maybe not so perfect but for some reasons like it.
                              Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Funia View Post
                                G 23 I like your badge and maybe belive you.
                                Those pics maybe not so perfect but for some reasons like it.
                                Peter
                                alu looks like it was in ground for very long time ,i have no ideal abaut this badges,but i do have found a lot of stuff in ground made from alu ,and this item looks like typical find after it was cleaned in water ,so i agree with you , and i like it too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X