SS-Dienstglas RUKA Rathenow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

An Austrian friend added the possibility that the templates were simply being replaced by new ones as they got worn out. This is more or less what I had in mind when making up option 1) of my previous message. Anyway, the degree of variation of SS markings on RUKA binos, if they are genuine, is likely to have some connection with different suppliers.

Anyway, a lot of speculation, I know...

Any more thoughts or info?

Thank you!

Comment

...templets replaced...

where did they get the templets????

-----------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Benutzer,
        Thanks for posting in this thread again.
        I assume markings on WWII bino plates were made by using metal templates, which in their turn would have been produced by artists.
        In the case of these SS binos, maybe it would have been different artists, judging by the variations on the markings.
        These artists would have been responsible for carving the inscriptions and skull on the templates for the production of these bino plates.
        Am I wrong?
        Thanks for your input.
        Best Regards

Comment

RuKa Binos are taller than the other 6x30 Dienstglases !! and the ocular casings and covers are different too

Comment

SS Dienstglas made by Artists and or clowns ?

Sorry to pop in like that...
            I collect binos since 1975 and my father since 1949...
            These "funny" markings only appeared all of a sudden with Ebay and hence Internet.
            Besides, many experts are formal on the fact that the SS had no special dedicated markings on their binos and serveral other items, ( they had on some).
            Also, all ww2 German binos marked with "Dienstglas" and most of the other WW2 Germans are having 3 screws on the top and bottom plates.
            These dont...so IMO...another joke or like already mentioned...done by a money starving "artist".
            Prove (many others and ) me wrong.
            Rgds to all in this great forum.

Comment

Originally posted by HJ-Marseille View Post
              Sorry to pop in like that...
              I collect binos since 1975 and my father since 1949...
              These "funny" markings only appeared all of a sudden with Ebay and hence Internet.
              Besides, many experts are formal on the fact that the SS had no special dedicated markings on their binos and serveral other items, ( they had on some).
              Hi,
              You talk only about the binoculars manufacturer SRB&STYS?
              Or about all the binoculars SS?

Comment

Hi Russman

I write about the invented (badly faked) SS Binos...
                Pure invention....even the skull is a total joke. Compare with real skulls on tabs etc...joke!
                Never existed prior 1945.
                Sorry!
                rgds

Comment

I hope no -one went for these "SS" binos

http://www.warstuff.com/Waffen-SS-Fi...e-i1537295.htm

Pre WW2 Srb and Stys binoculars (including early WW2 ones used by the German Army and Navy) didn't have three screws per plate. So that point's irrelevant....

Comment

I write about the invented (badly faked) SS Binos...
                    Pure invention....even the skull is a total joke. Compare with real skulls on tabs etc...joke!
                    Never existed prior 1945.
                    Sorry!
                    rgds
                    You have big collecting experience, but if you haven't seen anything, it doesn't mean that it didn't exist!
                    Here's binoculars from the ground. It makes no sense to joke.
                    There is no benefit to do such a fake!
                    http://postimg.org/image/3rrq7mmyd/

Comment

A bit out of line, I have seen a SF 14Z with a scull marking.
                      Price was extremely high, and when it fell, I was too far away to take advantage.
                      In my mind undoubtedly original. A WWI smooth medium grey, as far as I recall.
                      ( I know who bought it, so it´s up to him to publish photo´s)
                      Point is, they also exist.

Comment

Skull on gear

With all due respect.
                        have seen a few items surfacing recently most of them from ex-eastern block countries... with skulls and yes! they are offered for substancial amounts, but all remakes...
                        I am in Kiev right now and I have been offered the same on street markets antique shops and from "collectors"
                        Funny! nobody allows me to take photos if I dont buy from them.
                        What a coincidence?

Comment

Hi,
                          You are offered binoculars in poor condition, dug out of the ground?
                          Of course, there are people who make fake binoculars SS - that's a fact!
                          But it happens with all the expensive things! For example SS helmets. But there are real helmets SS! As well as binoculars SS - they are also a reality. IMHO

Comment

Faked SS Binos

They even kept the earth and soil on some...really!
                            All kind of conditions...but all just junk and crap...and no photos...please!
                            Why no photos?
                            You all out there think about it...in almost 70 years only since Internet and or Ebay these fakres and inventions show up...all coming from Ex eastern block (dealers sellers inventors)...
                            Like the SS went only there...??...even if the fights on the eastern fronts were the most devastating for all men an material...after war...all was again burned and recycled...and now all of a sudden wow...skull markings show up like mushroms after the rain?!!
                            Wow!...Great!
                            The SS was also very present with much less losses and much easier to supply on west fronts ...and nothing from these ends... no show ups now saying found in Belgium Hürtger Wald etc etc... wow! (maybe soon if the fakers read this).
                            Great!
                            Also, just look on the skulls "art" on the gear..."made by a kid with a screwdriver for a tractor factory"...
                            Every German WW2 marking is a piece of jewelery...even late war markings..
                            Just stay on earth and be realistic.
                            All fakes and money printing inventions.
                            With all due respect and no offence..except for the fakers..

Comment

They even kept the earth and soil on some...really!
                              All kind of conditions...but all just junk and crap...and no photos...please!
                              Why no photos?
                              his).
                              I can not put a picture here in the forum.
                              Go to the link and look at the photo. http://postimg.org/image/3rrq7mmyd/
                              Do you think these binoculars - a fake?
                              But why? For what purpose? Who benefits??

Also, just look on the skulls "art" on the gear..."made by a kid with a screwdriver for a tractor factory"...
                              Every German WW2 marking is a piece of jewelery...even late war markings...
                              All markings SS performed very well and smoothly (except of course real fakes)! In the early binoculars RUKA all the inscriptions are filled with metal! It is very difficult to Make us! And why do it when you can make a simple engraving (without filling metal)???

Comment

I think this is going to end like the "Dienstglas marked Kriegsmarine binocular" debate - there's a few genuine ones to prove it happened (if only rarely) and a host of fakery going on too.

I wouldn't worry too much that most of these have appeared since the internet and Ebay. The net has given us the opportunity to view thousands of binoculars we'd never have seen walking around the streets.

The fact that someone hasn't seen something before doesn't prove it fake. No-one can be the font of all knowledge and it often pays to keep an open mind when viewing items made long before many of us were even born.

Although it has to be said that some just scream out to you - such as SS-Obersturmführer Karl Orf's binocular on this site;

http://www.defendingarnhem.com/Orfbinos.html

Obviously post war Russian binos messed up by some dodgy character

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X