Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

',
            Attached Files

Comment

FAIR??? Those are mint!!
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene
                FAIR??? Those are mint!!

I agree with Gene - did you recently aquire a "way back machine" ? They look like they are out of the box new!!

Cherrs ~ John

Comment

Hey Jos,

Those flying boots are in superb condition

My pair of boots are very jealous !!

Comment

LW Goggles ??

hi all,

Can anyone give an opinion regarding these goggles please? The strap is stamped either 1911 or 1941. The marking is too faint to be sure of the date.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...5-11-11003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...5-11-11001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...5-11-11002.jpg

Best Regards,
                    Robert

Comment

Robert, Your goggles are very similar to those on page 150.. in Mick Prodgers book Vintage Flying Helmets. They are listed as early flying headgear 1904-1918, USA,, Hope this helps...DAVE H
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by sadolch; 11-16-2005, 01:25 PM. Reason: WRONG DESCRIPTION

Comment

Thanks for the response Dave

I didn't realise that Mr Prodger had such a publication. I have his WW2 R.A.F. V L.W. book so maybe I'll have to send Mr. Wallet on a spending mission

Best Regards,
                        Robert.

Comment

blue 10 30 full back

hi, jos
                          about the early 'blue' 10 30 schwimmweste, I think that it doesn't ever exist.
                          No ones is coming by now, any collector can show any in his collection and anybody have never seen ones with its eyes...
                          Untill the mid 40's saw lots of use a type of film called orthocromatic, that 'paint' the yellow tone darker than the real ones. You can see it in some aeronautical photos, where the tail band appears more derk than the typical used in some unit or squadron. But the more important proof are the collar tabs owned to some undoubt flieger person, that appear dark as the flak tabs and not light as have to be the yellow ones...
                          this should be a wrong way to follow, but...
                          What do you think about it? Opinions from the others luftwaffe lovers are wellcome.
                          cheers to everybody (jos and francoise you're my myth!!!!!!)

Comment

Hello Frank,

Yes,I think you're right.
                            Especially the early swimmvests have a very yellow color,that might be the reason they appear to be dark.
                            I also noticed that flight troops have very dark collar patches/tabs etc in certain photos..
                            Like you say,probably a type of film called orthocromatic, that 'paint' the yellow tone darker than the real ones.

Jos.

Comment

Schwimmweste

Hello All,
                              The early lifevests were brick red color, not blue. But being not an appropiate color to be spotted from recue crafts, changed to yellow.

I never saw one in a collection.

Regards
                              Fran

Comment

Schwimmweste

Hello All,
                                The early lifevests were brick red color, not blue. But being not an appropiate color to be spotted from recue crafts, changed to yellow.

I never saw one in a collection.

Regards
                                Fran

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X