EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the extension straps were issued with all compasses but few survived, as most did away with them because they didn't need the extra length. I'd say I've only seen 10-15 compasses retain this strap over the years.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Luftwaffe privately purchased leather jacket

Hi,

I'm the newbie here. Just started collecting Luftwaffe items again after I sold nearly everything some years ago.

Here's the reason why I started again:

The jacket came without the eagle (but with stitches - the new one don't match them, unfortunately) and fake shoulder boards. I replaced them with a pair from my old collection which I retained. Also I replaced the silver buttons with better fitting ones.

What's Your opinion?

Comment

I think you did a really nice job of restoring it. What items are you looking for, now that you are collecting again?
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Luftwaffe privately purchased leather jacket

And here is a close-up of the newly attached bird:

@ Gene:

Anything related to Luftwaffe flight crews. When I remember that I sold a near perfect Beobachterabzeichen with case, a splendid Deutsches Kreuz and an unused embroidered Deutsches Kreuz on Luftwaffe fabric ...
          Last edited by RamJet; 07-06-2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Nice eagle and you applied it well. I would also like to thank you for not sewing over the existing holes from the old eagle, it shows a lot of honesty. You may sell this as a restored piece in the future, but when that guy goes to sell it, it might become "100% original" all over again! Are you looking for flight gear or yellow piped flight items as well?
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

@ Gene:

Thank You for the flowers, but I simply found no eagle to match the large-scale stitching and bought the one which came nearest ...

Also I didn't do the restoring for myself, but gave the jacket to a female leather taylor with golden fingers. She fixed the open seems, changed the buttons and attached the eagle so that it matched parts of the upper line of the stitching and the swastika is exactly standing on top of the button hole.

I am only the guy who bought the jacket, collected the pieces and took care of it with leather polish (three times).

Comment

@ Gene:

Oh, I'm not yet specialized regarding the new collection. Items only have to be related to Luftwaffe flight crews.

Comment

Okay, well, the compliment still stands! What items are you looking for? Flight gear and/or flight piped uniforms? What else?
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

@ Gene:

Both categories ... but not yet searching for special items. Just looking around, at ebay and in the catalogues of the dealers I already know and those which are new for me and buying this item and that one ...

Will post a new pic of the jacket with a Luftwaffe shirt underneath, a brown belt with PPK holster and Kadlec compass attached and a Fliegerm******252;tze at the top - when I have a little bit more time.

Comment

Check the e-stand too. François Saez is selling a very rare 2nd model kapok Schwimmweste for a very fair price; you never see these.
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Great item.

Comment

Last edited by François SAEZ; 07-06-2008, 04:46 AM.
                          Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Last edited by François SAEZ; 07-06-2008, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Last edited by François SAEZ; 07-06-2008, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by François SAEZ
                                At this price, it is not a big mistake (they usually sell for more, including modified ones).
                                The buyer contacted me and he is a forum member and according to the pics I will happilly bought it from him for this price
                                OK but I still prefer these ones http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...117254&page=13 because I haven't seen a period picture of these modified ones. No I am not like Saint Thomas... but perhaps somebody has a one in his files.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X