BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An other Luftwaffe camera

Poor quality picture compared to Norwest's
    Attached Files

Comment

An other Luftwaffe camera

detail
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by carl1944 View Post
        Hi Pierre

thanks! Do you have any idea what the bag was used for?
        I don't have the Luftwaffe vs RAF book, so if somebody could make a scan of the info concerning this bag that would be great

All the best
        Carl
        Hi Carl,

page 93 of Luftwaffe vs RAF No 2.

Three types of emergency ration kits were developed for use in larger aircraft: one for flight over desert, one for flight over water and one for flight during winter condition.

Emergency supply container winter: canned pork, rye crisps, hard biscuits, soup cubes, pressed coffee, tea tablets, salt, chocolate, lump sugar, cigarettes and a small heating stove.

Emergency supply container desert: canned rice, rye crisps, cigarettes, matches and two litres of water per man per day for six days

Emergency supply container Life raft: chocolate, dextrose tablets, cigarettes, pertivin (an amphetamine), matches and two bottles of mineral water

I hope it helps.

Pierre
        Attached Files

Comment

Remember this guy?

I promised in the end of last year to show the contents of his pockets.

Here they come:

Fur-lined short fighter pilot gloves, Zeiss Umbral sunglasses with case, two flare pistol cartridges, a small Luftwaffe first aid pack, a matchbox, a Wehrmacht-stamped box of six JUNO cigarettes and a spare 7,65mm magazine (sorry, but I am still searching for a good deactivated Zella-Mehlis manufactured Walther PPK for his holster).

All placed on the yellow silk signal flag which he will use as a scarf now.

Comment

So, here he has his scarf:

Pretty cool, isn't he?

Comment

Oh yeah!
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I am curious which model neophan goggles these are? I have not seen these with the straps, or the eye cups. Are they mountain troop goggles?
                Last edited by Suber; 02-03-2008, 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Suber View Post
                  I am curious which model neophan goggles these are? I have not seen these with the straps, or the eye cups. Are they mountain troop goggles?

Angolia/Schlicht: Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, Vol. 3, p. 95.

I have a pic of a Luftwaffe officer in the Mediterreanean wearing these kind of sunglasses in one of my books but can't find it anymore ...

Comment

Nice mannequin, Ramjet..!

I don't see the pics of Suber's goggles..

Here's something I traded a while ago.., nothing textbook or something, but just something I like and haven't seen much.
                    It a wooden giant clasp you sometimes see in pics..
                    Funny item actually..
                    Funny also, the black lines are burned into the wood.

Jos.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 02-03-2008, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Jos,
                      That is a GREAT piece!
                      Best,
                      Leroy

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                        I don't see the pics of Suber's goggles..

Very nice piece, Jos!

On page 95 of Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, Vol. 3, 1st Edition, You can find these kind of sunglasses which my mannequin wears, although with prescription glasses.

Suber asked for more information as he never saw such kind of goggles, I understood

I really have to search this pic in my library which I mentioned ...

Comment

I think these kind of goggles were also part of the survival equipment..

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                            I think these kind of goggles were also part of the survival equipment..

Jos.

Don't know ...

Comment

Will check my pics..
                              Have seen them being used by Navy gunners, but they were also Luft issued..

Jos.

Comment

Here's a medical bag belonging to a life boat IMO..

Jos.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X