CollectorToCollector

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Nice machete in mint condition

AndyC

Comment

ID needed on strange Air Crewbag

Hi all,

I recently got hold of this bag. I was told it was used as some sort of parachute accessory bag. I don't know if someone can ID this bag. If so, I would love to see a wartime picture of one in use.

On the nomenclature tag it reads "Winterschutzpakhulle mit inhalt fur fliegende bazatsungen". I think it has something to do with aircrews.

All the best
      Carl

Comment

Carl,

you will this bag mentioned in the book Luftwaffe vs RAF No 2 if I do well remember. Good shot. It is a rare Luftwaffe item.

Pierre

Comment

Hi Pierre

thanks! Do you have any idea what the bag was used for?
          I don't have the Luftwaffe vs RAF book, so if somebody could make a scan of the info concerning this bag that would be great

All the best
          Carl

Comment

The label says its a pack for winter protection gear for flight personel. I would imagine this is a bailout survival pack, worn under the chute harness and contained the rare LW white camo smock (Gerard has or had one for sale recently) and winter survival gear, rations etc. Cool "Eastern Front" piece, first one I've seen.

Comment

That sounds nice, I didn't know these were so rare.

The reason I bought it was that it was used by an American POW as sort of a ditty bag. He transfered through several Stalags in Eastern Germany and Poland so that is probably where he picked this up.

Its a bit dirty, but sound. All the press studs are still in place, though they have some minor corrosion. Used, but not abused

What pricerange we are talking about for a bag like this?

I would love to see a period photograph of such a bag in use. Anyone that knows any?

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by CollectRussia View Post
                The label says its a pack for winter protection gear for flight personel.
                "Winterschutzpackhülle" would best be translated as "Protective cover (against) winter", so the cover itself should give protection.

The straps indicate it was meant to be carried like a backpack. IMO it served as double purpose: For storing survival equipment, and to give protection when worn.

Really an interesting and rare piece, never seen before (although I recall a period images showing a simular pack, containing the machete - like the one shown a few threads back, as well as a spade - the handle has peeked out of the bag -, gasoline-bottle, sleeping bag, etc. Maybee somebody could post that foto).

Comment

LKpN101 Helmet (Sizing Helmet)

Hello.....Has anyone any knowledge of what the use of this helmet was for?

If I could read German I would probably have a better idea because I am sure the top says what it is.

Kind Regards
                  Mike

Comment

measuring noggins for a proper fitting helmet.

Comment

Label reads:

"For every head diameter, every head form, every ear position, every hearing tube and every neck adjustable"

Have a nice day,
                      Steve

Comment

Love that noggin fitter! While I'm here, I'll point you to a camera I just posted in the Equip section. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=264320 I'll also put a couple of the photos here.

--Kevin
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Guess these were early cameras used in open planes, no ?

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                              Guess these were early cameras used in open planes, no ?

Jos.
                              I have a photo that shows them mounted for reconnaissance and remote control:
                              Attached Files

Comment

They look not the same type to me.., the one with the grip is definately to hold in hand outboard the plane ...
                                I've a pic somewhere, will look it up..

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X