Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say the majority of Luftwaffe personal clothing items could have been worn by either fighter or bomber, though one notes certain preferences when studying the photos. Items like oxygen masks & chute harnesses would be more specifically issued based on aircraft type.

On the other hand, the majority of Luftwaffe items for sale to collectors are attributed to fighter pilots, simply because it sells better.

Key to LW collecting, as Jos and Francois always (and generously) show is careful study of the photographs.

On the topic of short gloves, I think the gauntlet was a holdover from the open cockpit days and really more a hinderance than a help in a small enclosed cockpit. The Luftwaffe seemed to have been very interested in ergonomics, so it makes sense they'd phase out the gauntlet.

Rule of thumb (no pun intended) if its gray color its postwar Bundeswehr. I've not yet seen any wartime gray gloves, but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

I like Harry's and Andreas' gloves

HTH
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
      Yes, I suspect yours are post-war, I have not seen this knitted form of liner in pre- 1945 examples, but I am looking for more knowledgeable members than myself to chip in.....

fleece lining....
      This pair of electric wired gloves has a knitted liner. I realize it's a different type of glove, but shows a knitted liner in wartime.

Regards,
      Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I believe these are electrically heated type, which do indeed have a knitted liner to enclose the electic loom. What I really was getting at is do non-heated wartime versions ever have a knitted liner?

Comment

Luftwaffe survival tin.

Hello all,
          I have finally gotten round to joining the forum and will now be busy photographing my collection. I am sure these survival tins have been discussed before but I wanted to show this one in my collection.
          Best regards,
          Andy
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Andy F-P; 10-01-2006, 05:42 AM. Reason: title

Comment

Luftwaffe survival tin

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Andy
                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Luftwaffe survival tin

Thank-you Gene,
                  As you know through our previous correspondence, I have been thinking about joining the Forum for a little while now. I finally got myself into gear and will be posting various items from my collection over the next couple of months. I have been enjoying, with various degrees of jealousy, other collections and now look forward to the good, bad and hopefully not too ugly comments on some of my collection!
                  Best regards,
                  Andy

Comment

Andy - that sure is a very minty example - I am looking forward to seeing more of your collection - THANKS for posting!

John

Comment

Luftwaffe equ.

Hi

I have a Schwimmweste in very good condition.
                      Its nearly brand new.
                      Is there any other collectors who knows the value of this?

Andy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Value of early 10-30B2

I would guess in that condition about £700 -£800.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyC View Post
                          Hi

I have a Schwimmweste in very good condition.
                          Its nearly brand new.
                          Is there any other collectors who knows the value of this?

Andy
                          Can you please, send a pic of it closed (what is the date)?
                          Did you buy recently your survival tin from Germany?
                          Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Survival tin

I brought my survival tin in England about four years ago. Do you mean you want a picture of the survival tin or schwimmweste closed? I am not sure if this question is directed at me or the other Andy?
                            Andy F-P

Comment

Originally posted by Andy F-P View Post
                              I brought my survival tin in England about four years ago. Do you mean you want a picture of the survival tin or schwimmweste closed? I am not sure if this question is directed at me or the other Andy?
                              Andy F-P
                              Speaking of the schwimmweste, please
                              Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Luft flight

Here is picture off the front

Andy
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X