MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luft flight equipment and all that's related.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone post some pictures of their short version of pilots gloves, favoured by some fighter pilots? Here is a pair I am looking for opinions on....fleece lined, stud marked 'stucko'....
    Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:54 AM.

Comment

LW Short Gloves.

Here's my contribution.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the contribution. I am trying to establish what is accepted as wartime, as this design of glove was used by the newly formed Luftwaffe in the Bundeswehr, post-war.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    Thanks for the contribution. I am trying to establish what is accepted as wartime, as this design of glove was used by the newly formed Luftwaffe in the Bundeswehr, post-war.
                    I suspected that my 'contribution' was post-war but I was hoping for confirmation.

Comment

Yes, I suspect yours are post-war, I have not seen this knitted form of liner in pre- 1945 examples, but I am looking for more knowledgeable members than myself to chip in.....
                      Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 02-06-2009, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Hi Harry
                        Here´s a pair I have. I have seen several period photos of them in wear.
                        About your pair, they look nice but it´s hard to know for sure, do you have a photo of the snap?

Andreas
                        Attached Files
                        Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Prym snap
                            Attached Files

Comment

And here´s a nice photo of them in wear .

Regards
                              Andreas
                              Attached Files

Comment

Interesting topic. Why was a 'short glove' issued ? The RAF as far as I'm aware only issued gauntlets.

Also, the 'short glove' is usually attributed to fighter pilots but according to the previous pic on this thread it was worn by a crew member.

And, the N & G goggles are usually attributed to fighter pilots and often bomber crews but from Jos's pics they were worn also by soldiers and ground crew.

I'm slightly confused...

Anyway Harry, I paid a 'way over the top price' for my post-war gloves of £12. They have kept my hands warm in winter whilst cycling for the past few years.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X