griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LUFTWAFFE UNIFORMS. (Flight crew related)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is... Jan

Comment

i hope this fit
      Attached Files

Comment

A partially restored tunic. It was flight crew, until I saw (and friends confirmed) that there had been something on the upper right sleeve. I originally thought it was a single TDB, as that matched perfectly the outline I could see. Turns out (with more eyes looking) there had been two TDB's. I only had one, which matched the wear on the uniform, and so that's all I've been able to restore to the sleeve. (The tunic was also, typically, missing the eagle, but that was easy. The original EK, badge, clasp and ribbon bar loops were all present on the left side, and the collar tabs and boards were still in place and original to the tunic. Below the left pocket was the outline of where a cloth DK had been sewn and there were still a couple of threads in place. I don't have one with wear that matches, so I've put temporarily just two lines of thread to hold a metal one. S0...if you have a cloth LW DK with some wear, and a TDB in the same condition, let me know.)
        Attached Files

Comment

Other side.
          Attached Files

Comment

Tdb.
            Attached Files

Comment

I know it's been replaced but could you show the eagle?
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Here you go, Gene.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Leroy
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

And here's the TDB. I've been told it's a Type 2, but these are not my field at all. The tank measurements are right and it appears to have the correct flaws, and the weave (front and back) also matches real ones I've seen posted here (especially in the great thread by DeeJay), but I'd appreciate any comments.
                    Attached Files

Comment

First Tunic

This is not much to speak of, but it's the first that I've purchased, and I'm very happy to have acquired it. I'm not sure what the pin is on the lappel.

This one does have the outline of a Krim shield on the left sleeve. I'll probably pick up a salty shield for it. There is a name "FW Weber" and a number written on the inside. Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks!
                      Bob
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest addition: Hauptmann DKiG & Spanish Cross - unfortunately unnamed. Also has a stain (water stain perhaps?) on the lower left front & arm (photos are without & with flash photography.)
                        Attached Files

Comment

wauwh thats such a nice jacket, maybe a kc winner with all those awards :P

were do you keep finding them man

oeh i also see the italian badge worked out?

Comment

The Italian Wings arrived this morning so thanks for pointing me to the site that provided them.
                            I got the tunic from Bill Shea.

Comment

Luft flight scool tunic

HERE IS MINE AS ITS ON HOLD FOR ME THE INSIDE IS SO NICELY SCHOOL MARKED I WILL ADD BETTER PICTURES WHEN I HAVE IT IN HAND

Comment

That is a beautiful uniform. Congrats

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X