Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LUFTWAFFE UNIFORMS. (Flight crew related)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, none named. Very frustrating!(I'm sure there must be an RK winner in there somewhere!) The award is a Romanian pilot badge, worn in various locations by LW personnel, but many times worn in this position on Romanian uniforms, too.
    Attached Files

Comment

woooowh leroy nice

any names to the jackets?
      wierd placement of that award
      what award is it

leroy could you tell us more on those tunics

Comment

Originally posted by Wijtman01 View Post

leroy could you tell us more on those tunics
        Not much to tell, just ones I have picked up over the years (actually, many years ago, when stuff like this was fairly routine). None are named, but all have their original insignia and the badges match exactly the wear patterns on the tunics. The one on the right still had the screwback EK1 on it (and has what I believe to be some blood stains on the front). The one on the left still had the Romanian ribbon on it (the retaining hook was bent so it couldn't come off). The loops where the DK's are were "heavy style" loops, so I don't think they were meant for SK's.

Comment

awesome man realy awesome

when you have spare time could you make some extra pic's of each jacket?
          frontal etc

great jacket

drool

Comment

I associate myself in that demand : if you have more pics I would be happy to see them ; the tunic at the right has the collar tabs inverted, like some period photographs ; very interesting, it is the first surviving example I see. It seems done to follow the shape of the collar...

Comment

I will be glad to take more photos as soon as I have a chance (may be a day or so). The tunic on the right has an interesting stamp in it which I hope will show in photos.

Comment

Originally posted by New kid View Post
                I associate myself in that demand : if you have more pics I would be happy to see them ; the tunic at the right has the collar tabs inverted, like some period photographs ; very interesting, it is the first surviving example I see. It seems done to follow the shape of the collar...

i believe there is a picture of hajo hermann with the same style were his tabs are inverted

Comment

In between putting up the Christmas tree and digging out boxes of ornaments, I'm trying to take some photos. Here's the first set, of the specially tailored uniform on the right in my earlier photo. The brownish stains are, I believe, blood.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Collar tab placement.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hand-embroidered thread eagle.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Badge array.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kuban attached directly to sleeve, with backing plate on inside of sleeve, under the lining.
                          Attached Files

Comment

"Cogged wheel" stamp on inside of right front of the tunic. No idea what it says or means. Tunic is made of a sharkskin type fabric and is very smooth.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Next one (the one on the left in my original photo).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Tab and board.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X