This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frozzer View Post
    I don't understand why you ovverpaint it ?
    Quite simple - it fits now better to the green plastic garden-chairs...

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzer View Post
      I don't understand why you ovverpaint it ?

yellow was an original paint !!

and under green there was an original yellow too
      you should remove green paint.

now value of this set is 1/3 less than before
      LOL... all of the paint was postwar applied.

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      Quite simple - it fits now better to the green plastic garden-chairs...
      That colour was completely wrong, I know, I've ordered Feldgrau spray paint on
      the internet. It's an early tube and the plate is dated '42 so it should have been
      Feldgrau and not tan yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by floriskok View Post
        LOL... all of the paint was postwar applied.

That colour was completely wrong, I know, I've ordered Feldgrau spray paint on
        the internet. It's an early tube and the plate is dated '42 so it should have been
        Feldgrau and not tan yellow.
        to be honest ; the plate color was wartime . the tube was overpainted in typical Czech / Norwegian way with olive green paint.

as Frozer said; now it has lower value than it had before.

Comment

Originally posted by anmarlodz View Post
          to be honest ; the plate color was wartime . the tube was overpainted in typical Czech / Norwegian way with olive green paint.

as Frozer said; now it has lower value than it had before.
          The plate was 100% repainted. It was found at a castle here in France and
          repainted by the previous owner. I'm not that stupid to overpaint original paint.

I will post some pictures when it's painted feldgrau. In the meantime I have
          welded an X in the tube to deactivate it (as the French law prescribes).

The bipod is also coming soon!

Comment

Very nice mortars folks

Here is my s.Gr.W 34. Also a semi-restored, and deactivated example. Tube is 1941 dated, and the bipod is 1942 dated. The werferrohr, or the tube still has its original german factory paint. Bipod and ground plate are restored with new paint.

Greetings from Norway
            Björn

Comment

Originally posted by Bjørn View Post
              Very nice mortars folks

Here is my s.Gr.W 34. Also a semi-restored, and deactivated example. Tube is 1941 dated, and the bipod is 1942 dated. The werferrohr, or the tube still has its original german factory paint. Bipod and ground plate are restored with new paint.

Greetings from Norway
              Björn
              Very nice mortar Björn! My mortar will be looking the same as yours very soon!

Can you tell me which color you used or was used on yours? Could you also give
              me the measurements for the white stripes on the tube and plate please?

Thanks! Floris

Comment

The colour is a shade of RAL 6006 Feldgrau matte, wich I had made at a local paintcompany. I was very lucky, as the paint they blended was a almost complete match with the colour on the tube.
                The white stripe on the tube and ground plate is exactly 9 millimeters wide. (the stripe on my groundplate is a couple of millimeters to wide, and needs to be narrowed in a bit)

Unfortinently, I think that you perhaps did a mistake, by painting your groundplate. That very colour was originally used on these mortars during the war.
                Here are pictures of a original ground dug baseplate, from a friends collection. This groundplate still has a good portion original colour left. The original colour will be preserved on this plate.

Best Regards
                Björn

EDIT: On closer inspection of your first images, I agree that your baseplate was overpainted. But if it was over painted during the war or post war is hard to tell. However, it did look like a old repaint.

Kind Regards
                Björn
                Last edited by Bjørn; 08-30-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Just for comparisment, here are a couple of pictures of my 1939 dated Lafette 34, wich originally was dark grey, but was repainted by hand by the germans during ww2. This paint was under a post war Norwegian green, but the postwar green colour came off with a high-pressure water-jet, leaving the wartime paint undesturbed:

Greetings
                  Björn

Comment

I´m speechless!!! Why destroy it with that horrible, and totally off green color?

Comment

Originally posted by Hilton View Post
                      I´m speechless!!! Why destroy it with that horrible, and totally off green color?
                      That color has already been removed and the first layer of paint was POSTWAR applied...
                      I've ordered feldgrau spraypaint and it will all be feldgrau as it should be!

Comment

want to share my items also..

Recently found a bi-pod, had yellow and over-painted feldgrau..

also found 2 cups, one early one late. Feldgrau both, although 90% of the paint was gone...

also a sight with box.
                        Cups and sight restored.

Comment

oh my god...the green is horrible

Comment

Oh my god,great looking original color plate overpainted with plastic looking shiny green.

Notice how yellow plate had original red primer color underneath...

Comment

Originally posted by makisraf View Post
                              want to share my items also..

also found 2 cups, one early one late. Feldgrau both, although 90% of the paint was gone...

Another originals ruined.Feldgrau cup had more than 60% of original color before "restoration"...

Comment

Heck I'd love to have one even if it was painted pink with little pasley flowers! Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X