No announcement yet.

KM metal breast eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a few J. C. Maedicke ("M" in diamond mark) also in anodized aluminum. Top one is a different variant with massive pin (similar to Schwerin) that I know also exists in silver and uses different die (head design, pointed breast feathers) than the more common lower set (diamond shaped breast feathers) with the flimsier wrap around aluminum pin
    Attached Files

Comment

And here is my little family of unknown maker birds I call type 1 (for lack of a better name) all in cupal and with crimped hardware (type 1B) as posted in posts 65 (gold) & 67 (silver). The variant I call type 1A (with the welded hardware) was shown in post 66. My favorite bird so if anybody knows who made them (sales catalogue pict etc) please let me know

JC
      Attached Files

Comment

Me again...

This rather strange one (actually a lot better looking than my picts show) just joined the chicken coop on a toss of the dices...It could always be a repro but I doubt it. I know its silver and probably better suited to a Heere thread but lets say its a KM Beamte to keep it with the rest of the family on this thread since I'm curious to see if anyone can match it to a silver or a gold one of the same design in their collection or has any additional insight they would share on this variant. I have a few of these Heere/KM summer birds myself and a fairly good picture archive of every possible variation I could find but I cant match this variant design/die or the mounting system to anything I have on file.

Impossible to judge metal from pictures but it is also my first encounter so far with a Heere/KM nickel summer uniform breast eagle (thats not a Luft 1 st pattern) . This one is nickel with a silver wash/paint as often seen on 1st pattern Heere short winged cap eagles. The mounting system is also nickel and reminiscent of hardware that I have seen on various TR decorations (half-round stock for "C" type catch, flat pin welded so it protrudes hinge) but I cant make the connection to any maker

Your toughts would be appreciated

Regards

JC
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's an interesting Eagle I picked up today. Looks to be the same cloth backed type I posted a few weeks ago but this one's in CupAl.

What's odd is the total absence of gilding on the badge. Even under a loupe I can't find any trace.
          Anyway as always, opinions welcome

BTW...the scan doesn't do this eagle any justice. It really is a superb deep copper.
          Attached Files

Comment

Comparison

And a pic of the CupAl layer
            Attached Files
            Last edited by pantherv; 10-20-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherv View Post
              Here's an interesting Eagle I picked up today. Looks to be the same cloth backed type I posted a few weeks ago but this one's in CupAl.

What's odd is the total absence of gilding on the badge. Even under a loupe I can't find any trace.
              Anyway as always, opinions welcome

BTW...the scan doesn't do this eagle any justice. It really is a superb deep copper.
              Nice bird pantherv

Identical to the set I showed in posts 68 and 71. Funny...my gold one also looks a lot more "coppery" than "gold" and so do most specimens I have seen from this maker. I beleived it was just age/toning but yours is almost mint so this colour must be a particulary of the finish this maker uses on his cupal gold eagles because I have another gold specimen from a different maker in cupal (see post 65) which definitely looks gold

Regards

JC

Comment

my cloth eagles

a few different types all cut off uniforms.
                Attached Files

Comment

one more pic

cc
                  Attached Files

Comment

sorry posete in wrong area please remove

cc

Comment

A couple of recent finds to add to this thread for posterity since they dont appear here. Two variations of the same bird came from the same die but the mounting system and finish are different. The latter also has the swastika flaw (lump under the right swas arm) which appears on the other specimens of this type I have on file but isnt present on the top (earlier IMO) piece.

Not sure about metal but pictures I have of this eagle (second type) with wear to the finish lead me to beleive it is made of brass

Regards

JC
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just adding to this reference thread, a Schwerin eagle like Jean-Claude's beauty posted earlier, but including views of the reverse and hardware for reference.

Best regards,
                        ---Norm
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great bird Norm and identical down to the "beard" under the lower beak to mine except much better picts!

JC

Comment

Just to keep this thread alive

Here is a gold specimen I picked up recently. Design wise its a match for the silver specimen posted by Jody in post 55 but the mounting system is different (no lower catch). While unmarked (like Jody's) this bird is identical to specimens found with the Assmann "A" on the reverse (of the lower right wing). It is also a perfect match to the one pictured in the Assmann catalogue reprint.

Its also interesting to note that like the birds I posted in post # 85 this variation also exists with and without the lower clasp the latter being the earlier type IMO

Regards

JC
                            Attached Files

Comment

And here it is first with its gold counter part and then with the rest of the Maedicke family
                              (as far as I know) that I posted before in post 76
                              Attached Files

Comment

for the archives, another eagle landed today. A silver anodized aluminum bird by J. C. Maedicke of the type with pointed chest feathers & massive pin

Regards

JC
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X