KM metal breast eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem Nische, glad to help.

Like I said your tombac/brass specimen is not a common bird, most specimens of this variant you encounter (wether they be gold or silver) are zinkers with little to no finish left not brass like yours. I was lucky enough to find a gold zinker with good finish (possibly copper coated on front) but you can see the zink trying to absorb the finish on the back of the attached picture

As for your cupal eagle the copper /aluminum demarcation line is very evident in Andy's enlargement seen in post 101 but here again the finish on yours appears to be more "metallic/gold" than on many gold cupal specimens I have seen which look more like a brownish painted finish than a metallic finish as per the attached set I have. It should be noted that this maker also produced a beautiful brass fire guilded gold specimen like the one at top that isnt seen very often with different hardware (no need for heat dispersion mounting plates on brass/tombac)

I have also attached picts of a solid summer eagle: the Schwerin in gold anodized aluminum. Best design IMO but not that common however Maedicke also makes 2 nice variants of an aluminum solid bird as well that you see more often

Good hunting

JC
    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X