This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glaser View Post
    Small collection of KM ribbons, I would appreciated your comments on originality!
    [ATTACH]2611867[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2611868[/ATTACH]

I am not a fan and believe that the top example in this post is a post war reproduction.
    The others are fine.
    If you look at the fantasy tallies, they have the same kind of stitching. This is my reason.

Regards,
    JustinG

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm in agreeance with JustinG here, I too believe the top
      Example to be post war repro.
      Even my artificial silk doesn't have that appearance,
      Here is my artificial silk tally for reference.
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=566938
      Perhaps you are testing us Markus?

Cheers
      JustinC

Comment

I was too fast looking over the pics and the two Justins are right: No.1 is not period. German postwar production.

Regards
        Markus

Comment

KM Kriegsmarine or postwar tally detail for review

comments welcome on this "sch"
          PICT1212.jpg

PICT1213.jpg

Comment

What ever tally this is, it is consistent with a German construction piece, appears to be MF construction IMO from the shot. Since you only showed the limited section, I would like to know the unit or ship before I state if this is KM or early post war Bundesmarine.

Comment

KM cap tallies: "Triplets, SWEETHEART, we've got Triplets!"

Good day Gents,

even after collecting more than 20 years, I have to admit I experience highlights, which make collecting worth it! I thought "That's it for 2018, it ca't get better" when I bought a KM "Kreuzer Lützow" - only the 4th known to be existent - a few weeks ago.
              Now, just moments in life later, I accomplished once more a Triplet: a black, blue and white version of a particular tally.
              The very first one, I have done, was the "Panzerschiff Admiral Scheer". ABout 6 years ago then I gathered the three versions of Zerstörer BvA.
              And yesterday the postman brought the latest highlight: a white "Donauflottille" which make the triplet complete there.

Now, most cap tally collectors will not be aquainted with the souvenir tallies of the KM - and my information is pretty thin about them as well. It is known that the white destroyers have been sold (and been gift) during the so called Seebäderreisen - various small towns are awarded with the word Seebad as a sort of prefix to the name, marking the place as an approved public rehabilitation location at the seaside with a health infrastructure/system of high standard.
              WHen a destroyer visited one of these Seebad-places (i.e. Warnemünde, Swinemünde, Ahlbeck, Pillau, Zoppot, etc), they normally allowed civilians on board, just to touch base with the locals and to impress the tourists. And some souvenirs were up for sale which contributed to the monies available for ship's festivities. The white tallies were up for purchase on some destroyers, that's known.
              It is also known from one occation, that there were blue Graf Spee tallies for sale in the canteen when the Panzerschiff visited the coronation festivities of King George VI in 1937. The origins of all the other blue ones are not known to me.

Rgds

Daniel
              Attached Files

Comment

Awesome Daniel! Some very rare stuff!
                Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Congratulations Daniel

Wow, Congratulations. Great information you shared about the different tallies and their locations for where they were sold and made for.
                  Congratulations on being the 4th person to have a known Kreuzer Lützow tally. (I can say: "Welcome to the Club" as one of those people.

Again, this is a huge deal and I for one am in admiration with a touch of jealousy right now.

Best Regards,
                  JustinG

Comment

Great triplets Daniel, happy that you get the white Donau one

I would love to find the blue and white tallies from the Panzerschiff Deutschland
                    Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                    Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Great sets! I’m with Justin - a bit of the green-eyed monster here too.
                      S

Comment

Beautiful tallies Dani and I must add a few more of the Graf Spee canteen tallies. These all came from families of Graf Spee sailors in Argentina.

So Graf Spee had blue, green, yellow and orange as far as we know.

John
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by John R.; 09-15-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

And my blue
                          Attached Files

Comment

Incredible tallies John! So rare as to almost be nonexistent!
                            Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Wow. First time for me to see those. Thanks for sharing.

Regards
                              Christian

Comment

Thanks John for showing your "sweethearts". It shows to the community of collectors that the tallies are out there (or at least have been :-) ).

Just found an older photograph where I 'shot' all the sweetheart tallies I had at the time.

You see that the "idea" was not one of the KM but had been already been alive during the Imperial Navy (although my S.M.S. Thueringen is the only white Imperial tally ever came to daylight).

What other sweeheart tallies I have obtained since this photo was taken:
                                - white Schlachtschiff Scharnhorst
                                - blue Panzerschiff Graf Spee

Also there are known white tallies of Erich Giese and Hans Lody. Will post a picture of an old collection to a later point of time.

Rgds

Daniel

P.S.: And yes, I know, the Paul Riedel is unheard of ...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X