This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Fernando,

My pictures are not the best way to show it, but may be you can see the shadows/dots in another tallies I have:

These two are artificial silk but shadows/dots are similar to metalfaden ones:

Best Regards,

Ricardo
    Last edited by R.R.; 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R.R. View Post
      Hi Fernando,

My pictures are not the best way to show it, but may be you can see the shadows/dots in another tallies I have:

These two are artificial silk but shadows/dots are similar to metalfaden ones:

Best Regards,

Ricardo
      Ricardo,Now with those examples you posted I can see very clear what Markus means when said dots around the letters for km tallies and no those dots in bundesmarine
      Well,as I said,inmediatelly I receive the MÜRWIK it will be post here

Many thanks again to Markus and Ricardo
      Last edited by L11-VELASCO; 07-10-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Today came Mürwik cap tally,I hope with pics you(Markus,Ricardo,more menbers) can confirm or not If is Km or an early Bundesmarine.....
        In the obverse I can see 2 pieces of yellow thread but If tally is metalthread why has it so or is not metal thread,the rest when I touch appears metal thread even comparing with others I own.....

On the other hand may be we can see golden dots around H letter in word SCHULE,can you mark dots where you can see Ricardo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by L11-VELASCO; 07-16-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L11-VELASCO View Post
          Today came Mürwik cap tally,I hope with pics you(Markus,Ricardo,more menbers) can confirm or not If is Km or an early Bundesmarine.....
          In the obverse I can see 2 pieces of yellow thread but If tally is metalthread why has it so or is not metal thread,the rest when I touch appears metal thread even comparing with others I own.....

On the other hand may be we can see golden dots around H letter in word SCHULE,can you mark dots where you can see Ricardo
          Hi Fernando,

Don't worry about yellow threads you see at your tally. All metalfaden tallies I have are made with a thin plane metal thread wraped around a yellow artificial silk thread. And is very common yellow thread surfaces at some points.

You can see yellow threads at various points in my SMS Schlesien tally, where metal thread was lost:

I marked your tally where I can see dots or shadows, seems to me it's a WWII tally.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

It is a great explanation you gave me here and it is good hear from you than it is a kriegsmarine period tally and not an early bundesmarine,on the other hand what do you collect km cap tallies or more things?
            Keep in touch

Fernando

Comment

All i could say was already said by Ricardo, i agree in every point. Looks like an early 1930s, official supplied tally. How long is it ? I guess about 118cm ?
              If you slide with your fingertip over the letters, they are more "in" the ribbon then "on" the ribbon. Tallies with metal letters were not woven in this quality after WW2.

Best regards
              Markus

Comment

Originally posted by CSForrester View Post
                All i could say was already said by Ricardo, i agree in every point. Looks like an early 1930s, official supplied tally. How long is it ? I guess about 118cm ?
                If you slide with your fingertip over the letters, they are more "in" the ribbon then "on" the ribbon. Tallies with metal letters were not woven in this quality after WW2.

Best regards
                Markus
                Hallo Markus

Tally is 116 cm lengh,happy to hear from you too than is km period,on the other hand,are you Markus Bodeaux who wrote a first volume cap tallies book?If are you,let me tell you than I am awaiting a 2nd volume about km period even I started a thread asking about when would be publishing:
                Let me know If you make it
                Bis näher
                Vielen dank
                Fernando

Comment

Originally posted by L11-VELASCO View Post
                  It is a great explanation you gave me here and it is good hear from you than it is a kriegsmarine period tally and not an early bundesmarine,on the other hand what do you collect km cap tallies or more things?
                  Keep in touch

Fernando
                  Hi Fernando,

I collect WWII stuff at all and some times WWI too. Cap tallies are only part of my collection.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

Comment

KM Kriegsmarine tally tallies: are these good?

Small collection of KM ribbons, I would appreciated your comments on originality!
                    KM FRONT.jpg

KM BACK.jpg

Comment

Detailed n°1

[ATTACH]2611871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2611872[/ATTACH]

Comment

Detailed N°2

[ATTACH]2611876[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2611877[/ATTACH]

Comment

Detailed N°3

[ATTACH]2611878[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2611879[/ATTACH]

Comment

Detailed N°4

[ATTACH]2611886[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2611887[/ATTACH]

Comment

Detailed N°5

[ATTACH]2611892[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2611893[/ATTACH]

Comment

My opinion: all are original, means pre-1945. Different conditions, different producers, but period and original (as is said before).

Regards
                                Markus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X