WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questionable Schulterklappen, Tropenuniform on the E-Stand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Turning The Blind Eye Sale"

This has nothing to do with Stadeum/Sprachfuehrer or the tropical straps mentioned here. What it is an example of how fakers monitor sites like this and what comes up. It also has to do with what I call "Turning The Blind Eye" eye to make a sale.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rt#post6778289

Look at the Heeres Sportschule 1. Model Feldbluse Unteroffizier strap in #1458 of the above thread. It belongs to "Stive" (congratulations) and absolutely stunning.

In a short time after he posted this, a pair of doctored 1. Model Feldbluse straps, having been taken apart and the "SS" appears on eBay.de. They are obviously bad; but, evidently they sell. A short time later they end up on a dealer/collector site for sale. I was stunned. Someone buys them and then asks me about them. I telling I think they are fakes. He gets his money back; but, in my opinion they should have never been put up for sale. Now they are back on eBay.de:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/original-Paa...4AAOSwARZXnfjr

Another thing I am skeptical of is the many 1. Model Feldbluse NCO (ranks above Unteroffizier) with GD cyphers on them. Well, these style straps were worn throughout the war photographic evidence shows; but, how many Fotos of GD personnel have you seen wearing them?

Comment

Originally posted by Schulterklappen View Post
      "Nachrichten-Aufklärung "?
      Ja, genau
      Schulterstück ist ganz OK, aus einem Familien-Nachlass, und nichts ist geändert

Yes, exactly
      Shoulder piece is quite OK, from a family estate, and nothing has changed

The Army Sport School boards and straps are one of the rarest of Heer pieces. I have a cypher only, on a white metal sample board, and it is a one piece cypher not two separate "S"s.
      Ich weiss, du hast dieses Stück auf eBay gekauft
      Es war auf dem Gelände des ehemaligen Heeres-Bekleidungsamtes in Berlin gefunden
      Das halbe Paar ging nach Russland
      Getrenntes Aufbringen von Buchstaben erlaubt und möglich.

I know you've purchased this piece on eBay
      It was found on the grounds of the former army clothing Office in Berlin
      The half pair went to Russia
      Separate application of letters allowed and possible.
      Attached Files

Comment

Frage: Alle die Schulterklappen und Schulterstuecke, du hast zu verkaufen MFF, eBay, und WAF sind 100% original und hat kein Zifferen, Buchstaben, oder Nummeren adderien?

Question: All of the shoulder straps that you have for sale on MFF, eBay, and the WAF are 100% original and have had no cyphers, letters, or numbers added?
        "Ein davon ist unverändert"

Am i to understand that two of the three boards and one strap post #73 & 74 have been altered post war with the cyphers added ? The 5th MG Bn board does not inspire any confidence that the cyphers have been there since the War...

The Lt signals board with the cyphers look like they were added yesterday.

Very interesting informationGlen

I have a conservative view of collectiing and especially when it comes to cyphers added to boards & straps. Anyone can add a unit# or cypher or both to a strap/board and presto an elite unit or just some history created to garner interest.
        Cyphers on tropical straps are rarely seen in photos and just a few existing examples still survive. Would show caution with any tropical strap/board with a cypher. Without actual provenance would be skeptical of most boards/straps with cyphers for sale. While some attempts are obvious it is fairly hard to tell when a cypher has been added without a "hands on." Even then not that easy sometimes. So easy for fakers to mess with straps to enhance the value or desirability. Don't get me started on slips...

Sure glad i don't collect GD straps
        Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 01-25-2019, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
          The Lt signals board with the cyphers look like they were added yesterday.
          Nein

Comment

"It must be spring" the fake tropical straps are really blooming this year. Here is another set of fakes for sale on Gbay. Again the one piece tops and look at the "wool" backing on these...sent from another member

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Originales-P...0AAOSwHF5ceOn9
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 03-08-2019, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Wait there's more....want some Recon straps or a Pz set

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tropen-Sudfr...MAAOSwkV9cgP4e
              Attached Files

Comment

This has nothing to do with Stadeum/Sprachfuehrer or the tropical straps mentioned here. What it is an example of how fakers monitor sites like this and what comes up. It also has to do with what I call "Turning The Blind Eye" eye to make a sale.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rt#post6778289

Look at the Heeres Sportschule 1. Model Feldbluse Unteroffizier strap in #1458 of the above thread. It belongs to "Stive" (congratulations) and absolutely stunning.

In a short time after he posted this, a pair of doctored 1. Model Feldbluse straps, having been taken apart and the "SS" appears on eBay.de. They are obviously bad; but, evidently they sell. A short time later they end up on a dealer/collector site for sale. I was stunned. Someone buys them and then asks me about them. I telling I think they are fakes. He gets his money back; but, in my opinion they should have never been put up for sale. Now they are back on eBay.de:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/original-Paa...4AAOSwARZXnfjr

Another thing I am skeptical of is the many 1. Model Feldbluse NCO (ranks above Unteroffizier) with GD cyphers on them. Well, these style straps were worn throughout the war photographic evidence shows; but, how many Fotos of GD personnel have you seen wearing them?

The embroidery cypher faker is back on ebay.de with new creations:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/WH-Schulterk...MAAOSwdwlcglBs
                Attached Files

Comment

Schule

Originally posted by GOLGOTT View Post

I thought they sold and now I see they are now relisted.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLGOTT View Post

Yes saw these and thought the same. Thanks or posting them

Anyone that wants to post any dubious straps/ boards please do.

Comment

I thought they sold and now I see they are now relisted.
                      That seems to be the pattern. Listed on one site and if not sold they appear on another site etc.

Comment

Here is a set of tropical LW ? straps on GBay.

As always would like to hear anyone's thoughts or comments ?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Ger...02c7%7Ciid%3A1
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am pretty sure they are meant to be Heer straps but are aged fakes imo.

Comment

Ditto OSS's remarks and you will note the faker seems to consistently have trouble on the curve where a couple of rough spots are seen. Looks like M-44 wool on the back? These are nice enough to fool some collectors who haven't examined originals, but well off the original mark.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                              I am pretty sure they are meant to be Heer straps but are aged fakes imo.
                              Thank you for your thoughts. Agree they are trying to be Herr Pioneer straps, which they are not. Wanted to start the post with the sellers title. By using LW in his description he may have intended to muddy the waters even further...the tongue backing is looking all to familier on these recent fakes.
                              Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 03-17-2019, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                                Ditto OSS's remarks and you will note the faker seems to consistently have trouble on the curve where a couple of rough spots are seen. Looks like M-44 wool on the back? These are nice enough to fool some collectors who haven't examined originals, but well off the original mark.
                                Agree these are intended to deceive and will fool someone. The contrived wear around the buttonhole is similar to many of the other fake straps recently.
                                But thats not all...Thanks for your help

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X