HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questionable Schulterklappen, Tropenuniform on the E-Stand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim O'Keefe View Post
    Here is a set of "original DAK Art straps" for sale on another dealers site.
    One piece tops, the tresse has been removed. Would like to hear anyone's thoughts, LW Flak or fake ?

Luftwaffe flak for the tropical shirt.

Later style button hole ? Perhaps reflecting a demotion in rank for some reason ?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
      Luftwaffe flak for the tropical shirt.

Later style button hole ? Perhaps reflecting a demotion in rank for some reason ?

Chris
      Hi Chris

Thanks for the help. The removed tresse is a puzzler. Looks poorly applied originally so maybe post war added and removed ? Also little hard to tell but the area underneath the removed tresse doesn't really have a ghost from the tresse.
      As these are listed as a "rare set of DAK Art straps" they do not quite make that mark.

Comment

Here is another set that some of you have been asking about. The Art (LW Flak) straps would not fool anyone here, but what about this Recon set ? Another with one piece tops. Remembering Chris's quote that DAK Recon straps are as rare as hen's teeth

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on these straps ?
        Attached Files

Comment

These recon don't look original to me.

Comment

Fortunately the person with the aging skills did not harm anything of value.

Comment

Those straps are really nice... for reenactors . Tongues constructed like on regular wool straps, cut-after buttonholes made on a modern machine... no, no, no.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                These recon don't look original to me.
                That was my first thought as well. The piping appearance etc. Thanks for your thoughts as you know your tropical straps

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                  Fortunately the person with the aging skills did not harm anything of value.
                  Am sure the faker is a member & has been learning from the WAF. He does have a touch for aging tropical straps. This is not the first set with well done contrived wear. Though in this case it's not quite convincing. No matter, as the basic strap looks bad as you mention. Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
                    Those straps are really nice... for reenactors . Tongues constructed like on regular wool straps, cut-after buttonholes made on a modern machine... no, no, no.
                    You had me for a split second, thought maybe you liked the straps

Agree about the tongues construction and good observation about the cut after buttonholes. Along with the contrived wear and the piping appearance, spells out fake.

Thanks for your expertise

Comment

Here is another pair of tropical straps. An Art set with one piece tops on the E-stand at the moment. What are your thoughts on this pair ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1015611
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice original pair.

Comment

I dig them too . Nice greenish german cotton twill, probably early examples.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                            Nice original pair.
                            Thanks for the confirmation. Think i am a little paranoid when it comes to the one piece top straps

Comment

Originally posted by Hptm. Fuhrmann View Post
                              I dig them too . Nice greenish german cotton twill, probably early examples.
                              Thats what i thought too. Though the combination of the green twill (early ?) and the (later ?) grey wool backing had me hesitant ?

When do you think grey wool backing was first used on tropical straps ? Perhaps earlier than was first thought years ago when brown wool was thought to predate grey wool by a couple years ?

Comment

The wool on the arty straps is brown as I see them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X