No announcement yet.

A couple of private purchase eagles in period photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the same eagle, after I played with the brightness and contrast to try and enhance the details of the construction.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mark,

Great picture!

Fred

Comment

I think this is a particularly valuable thread, in good part because of the period images which clearly show details of private purchase eagles (thank you Mark K). I am including images of one of my favorite cut-offs, which is a private purchase eagle which appears to be the same type as the one posted by Glenn in post #10. What is interesting about this piece is that behind the eagle is the original BeVo eagle still applied to a piece of the tunic :
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Great cut off and It does look like Glens.

Fred

Comment

This soldat has an eagle very similar to the one in post 30. The detail in close-up is not great, but the light and shadow help to highlight the construction.
            Attached Files

Comment

This unteroffizier has embellished his mid-war uniform with a private purchase eagle, and wool-backed 1938 'enheits' litzen on the collar. He has also added a silver-wire t-shape eagle on dark-green backing to his M43 field cap.

Although the details on the breast eagle are not great in close up, it does show an interesting inverted triangle at the base of the swastika wreath, which is something I have not seen very often.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have picked up another couple of period pics showing private purchase eagles on service tunics, so here they are.

The first shows a schutze with an eagle similar to those being discussed in the 'Reddick' eagle thread (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=782333)
                Attached Files

Comment

And the second photo shows a variation on the same theme.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
                    This is a very interesting thread! Here is another example, similar to one which was posted by another person. This shows a period photograph and then the tunic as it is today from my collection.
                    Thank you,
                    Curtiss
                    Attached Files

Comment

...and, today
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice!!!

Comment

Wonderful tunic, particularly with the period studio portrait.

Comment

Many thanks for adding the tunic to this thread. It's a beauty, and the eagle is a fantastic example of that style of private purchase eagle.

Mark

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,
                              Here is another period photograph of the same tunic, but now with the advance in rank showing the tunic as it currently sits.
                              Thank you,
                              Curtiss
                              Attached Files

Comment

..and today
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X