• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luca Ongaro View Post
    Well, I note we have another fake in your opinion

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=454301

Luca
    Well now Mr. Ongaro, aren’t you just the cleaver boots!

B. N. Singer

Comment

Well, I note we have another fake in your opinion

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=454301

Sorry but the wool and lining have nothing in common with the LW wrap posted by Richard.

Luca

Oh really? Have another look.

Glenn
      Attached Files
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
        Oh really? Have another look.

Glenn
        Thanks Glenn, just the belt hooks look the same to me.
        Luca
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Thanks Glenn, just the belt hooks look the same to me.
          Luca

I suspect the wool is similar,rayon lining similar,just the different lighting used in the photos.

The belt hook support straps and waist tie tapes, are exactly the same.

The Relics Of the Reich FJ/Medical wrapper appears the same as the other two,only the waist tie tape is different,same type belt hook support straps...IMO.

Funny that these are all very rare branches of service (don't know what Richards is) and all manufactured using similar materials,one being RB#ed and the other LBA marked.

Glenn
          Attached Files

Comment

Weitze's has one also, but It is RB#ed and LBA marked.

https://www.weitze.net/detail/79/Luf...g__129679.html

I suspect the wool is similar,rayon lining similar,just the different lighting used in the photos.

The belt hook support straps and waist tie tapes, are exactly the same.

The Relics Of the Reich FJ/Medical wrapper appears the same as the other two,only the waist tie tape is different,same type belt hook support straps...IMO.

Funny that these are all very rare branches of service (don't know what Richards is) and all manufactured using similar materials,one being RB#ed and the other LBA marked.

Glenn
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
              Weitze's has one also, but It is RB#ed and LBA marked.

https://www.weitze.net/detail/79/Luf...g__129679.html

Ha,ha......And note the wool,tie strings and belt support straps etc.

These rare wrappers must be growing on trees!!

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                Simply, Mister Singer says wrap is a fake
                Oh drat, I guess the cat is really out of the bag now!!!

B. N. Singer

Comment

Glenn
                  Well, it must be a ripe fruit then, as it is offered for sale since august 2011.
                  I can't believe the asked price is a major obstacle; almost a bargain considering the rarity of this origianl item.
                  But more seriously gentlemen, i realy believe we should try to stay focused on the wrap's subject thread.
                  Althought interesting, LW wraps conexion with this pzpio wrap is not obvious to me, unless someone can explain the link ?
                  It is always possible to open different subject threads to discuss, for those who wish to.
                  And to avoid useless sarcasms and irony, even if we strongly disagree.
                  PLEASE gentlemen.
                  I know you can do it, if you want.
                  derka

Comment

In my opinion, OSS is correct. There is a "family" of LW stug wraps around. I have been following them since they first appeared in 2010. I have seen four of them so far, three of which are presently for sale online. The material of the one richard posted appears identical although the stitching that attatches the eagle varies from the lw wraps for sale on sites in Europe. In my opinion, the stitching that attatches the eagles on the european examples is spot on and "correct."I do not know about Richards example but the three in Europe I believe with certainty are made from the same bolt of material. Further I believe the base material and components of the wraps are genuine. However, the markings and stamps in the said wraps varies a bit in content and accuracy, for lack of a better term. Construction and sewing is the key.Insiginia and method of attatchment etc are another matter alltogether. There was a recent thread about these LW wraps. I believe that there is much to be learned yet by further discussion of them.

Comment

Originally posted by derka View Post
                      ...Althought interesting, LW wraps conexion with this pzpio wrap is not obvious to me, unless someone can explain the link ?...

derka
                      Sir, I would have thought it obvious by now, to anyone with a modicum of skill on the topic, they are ALL ground-up Fakes.

B. N. Singer

Comment

You can compare it here, looks the same to me.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=147690

Luca
                        Nope, not the same.
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                          Sir, I would have thought it obvious by now, to anyone with a modicum of skill on the topic, they are ALL ground-up Fakes.

B. N. Singer
                          Strange thing is, the more obvious it becomes that the wrap is fake and that there are sinister forces at work , the more people vote for it being original. That boggles my mind, but then I am naturally slow. Jacques

Comment

Glenn
                            Ha ha.... and please note the wool, how the CT is stitched, I suppose same belt support straps and so on.....

Do we have other ALL ground-up Fakes here?

Luca
                            Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post

B. N. Singer
                              Mr Singer,

THAT i had guess your opinion was about those feldgrau LW wraps.
                              For instance, althought obvious differences in some details, i think this one could be classified in the same "family" too :

But althought i share your opinion about the pzpio wrap as you certainly guess, i blindly can't understand what is the direct link with it, as i would not put it in the same "familily" (ie same fake maker) than those LW wraps ?

Comment

Ha ha.... and please note the wool, how the CT is stitched, I suppose same belt support straps and so on.....

Do we have other ALL ground-up Fakes here?

Luca

Read post #567.....And they are all perfectly original.

Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X