• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by derka View Post
    hello,

a very interesting thread.
    just a question :
    does someone know exemples of Heer mle 44 feldbluse or pz wrapper (black or feldgrau) with their original breast eagle sewn throught the inside liner, like on jackets showed ?

regards
    derka

Blk Pz wraparound, yes.

B. N. Singer

Comment

M43 Eagle

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
      I am not real sure on the second M43 eagle, it looks like there is a knife cut to the upper right corner of where the eagle was sewn (from the wearers right). This looks like it goes through the lining in the back?

I have seen this a lot were the uniform is cut to gain access to the edge of the eagle and then it is ripped or cut off. The stitching is also very unusual, looks like a "double" or lock stitch with white bobbin and green top thread which is very unusual.

Tunic eagles I believe to be originally applied are sewn through with a single line of thread like the original subject of the post.

Comment

Hi John, I'm not clear on what you're seeing.

Comment

Eagle

Sorry if I was not clear. It looks like there is a small hole going through the tunic fabric and lining on the inside. If you are looking at the back of the Eagle it would be to your upper right by the wing tip. Uusally this is from someone cutting under the eagle to remove it.

The attaching threads, there are two colors, one field grey and one white. This is from a "lock stitch", bobbin thread is white and shows on the reverse but not the front. I have not seen it used with white thread before in period sewing.

I am not saying it is not period applied but it is unusual and seems to have the hole right by the wing-tip. It may just be the photo

Comment

Yep, I think it is just my poor photo John. Here is another view.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

It is just a snag, thanks for the additional photo. The white thread is interesting, we never see it because it normally would be under the lining. Neat detail.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X