• Show
Clear All

super tunic sander looks awsome

Comment

before i forget
      what was the other jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
        Sorry guys... tunics m'43 must have the eagle sewn under the lining. This rule begin to deceive by not every tailors only with the tunic m44.
        Alex
        IMHO, Completely incorrect!

Nice Mint piece.

B. N. Singer

Comment

A hell of a tunic
          Ace

Comment

Textbook example! I have often seen the national emblems sewn through the lining to include G.I. cut off pieces.

Comment

Thanks fellow collectors!
              http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Great tunic. I have a M43 with the eagle machine sewn through the lining just like yours. However, It was removed and replaced with a NCO silver wire eagle due to promotion.

Cheers!

Steve

Comment

Sorry guys, but why do you think the brest eagle has original mounted? I never have seen a tunic model '43 with the breast eagle sewn upon the lining! Neither the later ones! The tunics m'43 must have the eagle sewn under the lining. This rule begin to deceive by not every tailors only with the tunic m44.
                  For me it's just a nice, super original but put togheter tunic.
                  Alex

Alex,

If it was put together the eagle couldn't be sewn "under" the pocket unless you took the pocket off first. Considering the large number of shops making these things there were always exceptions to the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                    IMHO, Completely incorrect!

Nice Mint piece.

B. N. Singer

I could entertain doubts.

A. Ciavaglia

Comment

I could entertain doubts.

A. Ciavaglia
                      Here is another example with application through lining that you can have doubts about.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mike Davis; 08-20-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

And another.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a super untouched jacket...Congrats.

Glenn
                          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Sorry Mike Davis but I cannot see two different insides! You show two different tunics but I see on bouth pics one and the same inside.

Comment

Originally posted by steiner99 View Post
                              Sorry Mike Davis but I cannot see two different insides! You show two different tunics but I see on bouth pics one and the same inside.
                              Woopsy daisy. So I did. Thanks for catching that. I replaced the image.

Actually, national emblem application through the lining is quite common on later war pieces. I can post close ups if anyone is interested.

Comment

Mint stuff doesn't scare me, in fact I love it, but I have to agree with Alex on this one. Here are three things I don't like, I may be way off base, and if so I tip my hat to the owner.

1. Why does the lining where the eagle stitching shows through appear to have a drawn template/shape of an eagle (looks like light brownish ink/pencil)? I've never seen that before and maybe it's just the picture???

2. The font of the numbers of the dice mark to me look scarily like what is seen in some mid-1980s+ repro tunics.

3. The buttonhole for the wound dressing pocket reminds me of those fake crappy shoulder straps being pumped out all over the place. I've not seen a buttonhole like that on any "contract produced" garment of the period.

If I'm wrong let me know. I'm always up for an education.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X