No announcement yet.

M43 feldbluse Heer, mint condition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheer beauty! The tress on the collar seems to match that on the straps!! That tells me that they were together from the beginning! Nice!!

Comment

great tunics! I think we finaly made these tunic textbook and equal priced as not stiched trough the lining.

Paul, I sold that medic about a year ago . I will try to post my collection in a few months, I won't dissapoint you.
      http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

I have no problem with tunics with eagles that are factory machine sewn through the lining, but these tunics will always require extra inspection and careful scrutiny and therefore will never be as desirable (or expensive) as tunics with eagle stitching that does not go through the liner.

Comment

Well, that's good news for me then. I'll expect a discount the next time I encounter an example made this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
            I have no problem with tunics with eagles that are factory machine sewn through the lining, but these tunics will always require extra inspection and careful scrutiny and therefore will never be as desirable (or expensive) as tunics with eagle stitching that does not go through the liner.
            I disagree. If one knows what they are looking at and looking for they are as easy or even easier to verify as the other type(s) of eagle attachment. They fact that an eagle was period sewn thru a linning does not make a dimes worth of differnence in the value (historical or otherwise) of the item. Collectors need to get over their insecurities and hang-ups or perhaps form encounter groups to discuss their emotional health.

As to the comment that we collectors have now moved these type of eage applications into the 'Textbook" catagory...well shame on us! Many of us have been looking at, owning and understanding these type of eagle applications for 30-40 years and we never needed the collecting communtity to legitimate anything to tell us that they were correct.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
              I disagree. If one knows what they are looking at and looking for they are as easy or even easier to verify as the other type(s) of eagle attachment. They fact that an eagle was period sewn thru a linning does not make a dimes worth of differnence in the value (historical or otherwise) of the item. Collectors need to get over their insecurities and hang-ups or perhaps form encounter groups to discuss their emotional health.

As to the comment that we collectors have now moved these type of eage applications into the 'Textbook" catagory...well shame on us! Many of us have been looking at, owning and understanding these type of eagle applications for 30-40 years and we never needed the collecting communtity to legitimate anything to tell us that they were correct.
              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post

I could not have said it better.

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I know a lot of collectors feel more comfortable with machine-sewn eagles that are not sewn through the lining. I certainly agree that the historical value of a tunic has no connection to the eagle application. I would argue that a stripped combat-worn tunic with Russian film stamps or PW markings has more historical value than an unissued one with its original insignia that never left the factory before 1945. But the historical value of a collectible is not tied to its desirability to a collector. If a seller had two tunics that were identical except for the eagle stitching, he would undoubtedly find that the tunic with the eagle machine stitched not through the lining wold be easier to sell for top value. Simply put, tunics with eagles that are not stitched through the lining are more sought-after by a greater number of collectors, including newer collectors who may not know what they are looking at or looking for (and these people buy a lot of tunics that come up for sale, as I am sure no one will doubt). As we have seen in this thread, there are some who- right or wrong- simply refuse to trust eagles sewn through the lining. I would certainly expect to pay a slightly reduced price for an example made this way and I am sure that many others feel the same way. It is just a fact of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                    I would certainly expect to pay a slightly reduced price for an example made this way and I am sure that many others feel the same way. It is just a fact of life.
                    That's OK, Chris, no body is perfect, we make mistakes too.

Comment

Inverted Jenny Tunic

I am looking for an original that was sewn on backwards through the lining on the inside of the jacket upside down.

We should be able to get $525000 US for it or more like the stamp below.

IMO Tunic and insignia is 100% wartime just not what is thought to be typical.

I am actually glad many collectors still do not think eagles were sewn through linings, it may lead to some bargains out there.

Expect the unexpected collecting this stuff.

The reference books are helpful but they are not the end all source of answers.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mike, that is one sweet tunic. maybe you want to trade it off for a very nice M42 infantry lower EM tunic. Glenn (love that hat too)

Comment

I'm not sold on Example #2. I don't have it in my hands but the width of the zig zag stitching is not narrow enough to me nor are they tight enough. It looks like a modern attachment. I remember a discussion on this forum several years ago regarding modern sewing machines and their zig zag patterns compared to what was used in the 30's and 40's.

Before you flame me, please keep in mind that this is my opinion and may not be right or wrong. I'd just like it to be discussed.

Comment

No sweat. Here's another example. Again, top of pocket flap sewn slightly over top of stitching for national emblem.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

hello,

a very interesting thread.
                                just a question :
                                does someone know exemples of Heer mle 44 feldbluse or pz wrapper (black or feldgrau) with their original breast eagle sewn throught the inside liner, like on jackets showed ?

regards
                                derka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X