Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Very Nice Jacket, Sander !

But IMO, I would not have an M43 with the eagle machine sewn through the lining ... I could entertain doubts, like A. Ciavaglia.

I prefer a text book jacket

That existed in late war, of course ! But very hard to find and there is lot of reassembly (It's so much easier)

Regards, Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
      Looks like a super untouched jacket...Congrats.

Glenn
      Apologize me Glenn,
      although it could be a real untouched tunic, could you explain us how do you come to give this sentence just looking this undetailled photo? The same question for the numerous Einheitsfeldmütze 43 you usually sentence real or fake. X ray eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
        ... could you explain us how do you come to give this sentence just looking this undetailled photo? The same question for the numerous Einheitsfeldmütze 43 you usually sentence real or fake. X ray eyes?
        X-ray eyes would have you looking right through the item! Exactly what someone is doing if they do not recognize this as an untouched, Original, factory produced garment.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ciavaglia View Post
          Apologize me Glenn,
          although it could be a real untouched tunic, could you explain us how do you come to give this sentence just looking this undetailled photo? The same question for the numerous Einheitsfeldmütze 43 you usually sentence real or fake. X ray eyes?

Well for one I like the method of stitching used on the eagle. In most cases if re-applied the stitching is way over done,not sewn correct etc,etc,and/or positioned (the eagle) in the wrong place on the jacket.

Second,I would think that to try and match thread (colour/type,weave) that was used to construct the jacket in a factory 60 years ago to be just about impossible.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
            Well for one I like the method of stitching used on the eagle. In most cases if re-applied the stitching is way over done,not sewn correct etc,etc,and/or positioned (the eagle) in the wrong place on the jacket.

Second,I would think that to try and match thread (colour/type,weave) that was used to construct the jacket in a factory 60 years ago to be just about impossible.

Glenn

yes it's true, it's the same my method, but from that pictures it's really impossible to apply it! (i'm referring to Mike Davies's tunics)

Comment

This jacket IS 'textbook'. Knowing the difference is really a question of experience. The idea that eagles were not sewn through the lining is simply a canard.

I'll try to post more detailed photos tomorrow. Perhaps that will help make the point.

Comment

I think if you saw enough jackets and you know a lot of people with good jackets you could easily pick the good one out, I know my M43 is good to the bone, you just see it.
                http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sander vw View Post
                  I think if you saw enough jackets and you know a lot of people with good jackets you could easily pick the good one out, I know my M43 is good to the bone, you just see it.

Dear Sander,
                  i collect german militaria from over 20 years and i saw and touched more Heer tunics that you will see from the rest of your life. Just in my collection i have 40 Heer tunics and have some friends which have more tunics than me in their collection. It's enough for you?
                  Last edited by Alex Ciavaglia; 08-20-2007, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Mike,

Does both of your tunics have the same RBn and/or Depot markings? I'll try to post my tunic also to see if my tunic came from the same company. Seems that all the tunics that I have come accross with the eagle "factory" sewn through the lining have been all zig-zag applied. I think only a few manufactuers produced tunics with the eagles sewn through the lining like this.

Sander,

What are the depot and or the RBn (if available)?

Cheers! Steve

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                    And another.
                    Last edited by airborne_steve; 08-20-2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Steve, I can't guaranty this is the right one but from what I can read it it is: RBnr 0/0540/034 or something like that.
                      http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bnz. 42 View Post
                        Ask Glenn Barbaritz if he still has a nice pair of late-war shoulder straps to sell.
                        I think this is a great jacket myself. I would be skeptical about the eagle too but with the pocket being actually over the eagle material... (also the positioning of it is spot on) its a go for me and the overall look is just great. really a nice looker. I also agree with bnz.42, it needs a great pair of matching lower EM Heer infantry mid war shoulder straps. I think I do have a set for sale also by chance. Glenn

Comment

Sander and Mike great looking untouched tunics . Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Apologies for 'hijacking' the thread, just a few photos to show that indeed field blouses of later war years often had national emblems applied sewn through the lining. I have seen numerous such examples to include cut-off pieces over the past thirty plus years. These are just a couple of samples.
                            Attached Files

Comment

1b
                              Attached Files

Comment

1c
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X