MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Askold's WH foreign volunteer collection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it seemed a bit steep,I think the same seller want quite a bit for a ukrainian printed sleeve shield also.
    Cheers
    David

Comment

Italia 1946 cap badge - field made from spare ammo shels and worn by members of Galicia division during their stay in Rimini POW camp in Italy. A hard to find badge, only a second one I ever seen.

Italian volunteers in Wehrmacht

Comment

Although not as many as owned by Jerry and other fellows, but here are some OST volunteer tabs and boards that I managed to pick up over the years, ncluding the hard to find yellow piped ost boards (early Don cossack or Armenian).

All Ost legions:

Cossacks, Georgians, Schuma and Luft volunteer boards

Comment

Cossack shield from 360 Fest. Gren. Regiment. Number of stripes specified the battalion - in this case, its from third one.

Comment

Excellent collection

Roman, it never ceases to amaze me the collection you've amassed on the Ukrainians. I personally know of no other collector with as an extensive collection as yours. You should seriously consider putting out a book.

Levon

Comment

Thank you Levon! The book is in the process and every other week of research brings out more of interesting info. Hopefully everything can be included and published.

Comment

Managed to score this rare postcard of Ukrainian volunteer in Luftwaffe. Unlike many fake KGB photos on line, this one actually comes form one of such KGB archives.

The inscription on the right reads - To my friend A. Sushko in memory from Kraselenko Ivan. The ink writing in the left corner in a note by the KGB officer - confiscated from Sushko photo album, 17.09.44

P.S. Can anybody tell me if the tabs are red or yellow?

Comment

A Great Thread (!)

Roman - A Really Great Thread (!)

Your collection of Rare [& Ultra-Rare] OST Volunteer Items is a continuing education
                  & learning process for so many of us. CONGRATS !

The Ukrainian im Luft foto is an amazing one. Very Special. You know how to ID &
                  seek out the special ones!

On your prior Post, I noticed that Schuma board "A" appears to have a different type
                  of fabric than does the "B" board. In person, is the "A" board a low pile material &
                  thus of a different construction, than is the "B" board?

As time permits, I'd love to see the reverse of the "A" board, as it appears to be a
                  variant which I have not seen before.

BOOK: Yes, keep working on it & put me down for an autographed copy !!!
                  Best, ... Dave / dblmed
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave and thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me! You spotted very well, the two Schuma boards are indeed different. The black material appears to be black cotton cloth instead of standard wool material. Its quite lighter as it was sun bleached from being used in the field. The back though is exactly identical in material and construction as the other one.

P.S. Will mail you the book when its done for sure!

Comment

Turkistan Legion

Askold,

Thought it would be nice to juice up this interesting thread with an original Turkistan tunic.

It took me some patience to find a worn 1st design Turkistan Legion badge to restore my modified Dutch tunic. The "shadow" fits the badge 100%. I attached it with a few stitches. There are no provisions (anymore) for shoulderstraps.

Best
                      Frederik
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great looking tunic Frederik! Congrats on the shield - I find this variation is the hardest one to find

Comment

nice resrotation work Zauberflote, I also have a tunic with Turkistan legion patch. From closer look, the patch seems to have been with the tunic for a very long time. The degree of sun-bleaching on the patch is almost the same as the tunic.

Comment

Comment

very sweet Nakta!

Is the branche-color white?

Comment

Thanks Zauberflote, yep, it's infantry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X